Waiting time for parts

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Sportsman

Post by Sportsman »

Is it an issue with Mazda or have I been unlucky. I have a CX3 lovely car but i am disillusioned with my experience.
1. I hit a deer - had to wait 6 weeks for a body wing.
2. Suspension - something wad spotted on my 1st service. Dealer said they would replace part - 5 weeks to arrive.
3. Air con - now waiting 3 weeks and bern told by Mazda Customer service could be another 3-4 weeks.
4. Windscreen seen on here that somebody may have to wait weeks for a replacement.

Is the an issue with all Mazda parts. Is there no depot storage of parts in Uk?
If there is not very efficient.

Certainly will re think my decision to buy Mazda.
Sport Nav 2018, Petrol, Mica Blue, Manual, 2-wd

st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

I get the impression that UK dealers just stock mainly the normal service parts. There is a Europe wide parts warehouse in Belgium (?) which should be able to get other parts to a UK dealer in a couple of days. That assumes they are holding the stock - some items like air con condensors seem to be in very short supply due to the recent failures building up a backlog. Body parts maybe need to come from Japan if not being held in Europe due to low usage - not very helpful for owners indeed!!! Perhaps the supplies of parts will improve as the car gets older and volumes sold have increased.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
Philmac

Post by Philmac »

I have been waiting 6 weeks for a new air con condenser. They have kindly given me a hire car but no news as to when the part will arrive, so I can get my car back. If the parts need to come from Japan they should air freight them not sea freight. Really not happy with Mazda.
CX3 Sports Nav Auto Mica Jet Black 2 ltr Petrol September 2016
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Mazda UK has 50,000 square metres of XPO Logistics' warehouse space in Crick, Northants. They say it holds around 15,000 Mazda parts (across all vehicles) that dealers may need. The Crick warehouse also serves eight depots: Belfast in Northern Ireland; Motherwell in North Lanarkshire, Scotland; Rochester, Kent; Hounslow, West London; Gloucester’ Leigh in Greater Manchester; Wakefield, West Yorkshire; and Bury St Edmunds in Suffolk, where parts are delivered and then local drivers take them on to the dealers.

Mazda's warehouse in Willebroek, Belgium, stores £50 million worth of stock for 21 countries in Europe.

Two of my spare part orders; my alloy spare wheel & accessories and my touch-up paint, both arrived at my dealer a couple of days after ordering. Air con condensers are a different story of course, although it seems the diesel variant is more readily available than the one for petrol cars at the moment.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

I've never waited much more than a couple of days either. I've just got the latest 2017 CX-5 and wanted the styrene inserts to accommodate a spare wheel. Theses are not fitted to UK models but still came in a couple of days and like many Mazda parts, were very good value (I know there are exceptions).

I think the likelihood of getting them depends on the circumstances and in the case of aircon parts that are the subject of campaign, there is simply a backlog. The other consideration with the CX-3 is that it's relatively new which may effect what is held in reserve.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

I have also been quoted 6 weeks for a new a/c condenser, but fortunately the a/c is still working.
I hope the replacement, which the dealer says is a 2 hour job to fit under warranty, will last longer than the original which leaked after less than a year.
Part of the problem is the new refrigerant which a recent EU directive has forced manufacturers to use. It is more leak prone, more flammable and more expensive to re-gas than the old. Pretty much what one would expect from the EU :evil: .
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.