Small rattle from MZD Connect

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
DirtyArf

Post by DirtyArf »

Hi there,

My girlfriend collected her brand new CX-3 a few weeks ago and there seems to be a small rattle coming from MZD Connect. We are certain it's there because the rattle seems to stop when I push / put pressure against MZD slightly.

We were wondering if you guys have had a similar issue and if you managed to rectify this yourself?

Thank you so much!

alanandlyn

Post by alanandlyn »

The most common "small rattle" that can seem to come from anywhere is actually when something is put in the sunglasses holder. Start by emptying this. Other than that the only rattle I have is when the passenger seat belt isn't in use and the clip knocks against the body trim, try driving around with the passenger belt done up.
CX-3 SportNav 2WD, Petrol Auto, Ceramic, Stone Leather :)
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Yep, and mine's now developed a rattle under the passenger seat that I think is from all the wiring gubbins underneath. It started after driving down a rough dirt track. I'll have a poke about under there at the weekend. I seem to recall that anchorman had copious amounts of foam stuffed in his glovebox to cure a rattle.

DirtyArf, whilst it's possible to prise the MZD Connect out of the dashboard, I would be inclined to get a dealer to do it on such a new car. Then if they damage something it's up to them to fix it.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

My CX-3 was a veritable symphony of rattles.

The one from under the seat from memory was the loom rattling on a ECU module on the floor (or was it a cable?). The old CX-5 was rattle free. It was a bit like being in space - just a vacuum. This new one is under assessment. It is so quiet inside that you can hear a pin drop and I can’t figure out if its rattle free ir I can hear something resonation but I must admit, the MZD screen has had finger pressure applied more than once!!!
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD