Dashcam

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
RX-3

Post by RX-3 »

This is my dashcam, fits completely behind the rearview mirror, so does not impact in anyway on driver vision and is managed via its own app, available through the play store for Android/Apple. Picture is the app screen.

820.png

2017 CX-3 Maxx 2.0L 6sp Man FWD - Deep Crystal Blue Mica

Thepensioner

Post by Thepensioner »

Any updates nosher on pics fitted in car any problems fitting over existing mirror and view using mirror etc. Being curved.
Nosher

Post by Nosher »

No pictures yet. I keep forgetting.
Camera is superb and fits very snug over the existing mirror.
It has to be fitted slightly to the left to allow the sun visor to pass.
Very discreet and hardly noticable from the outside.
Picture quality when viewed on PC or TV is superb. Screen on camera is small but this turns off after 1 min anyway.
Rear view mirror being curved makes cars behind appear closer than they are but you soon get used to it.
Overall i would highly recomend ;)
Thepensioner

Post by Thepensioner »

Thanks nosher will order mine now. Great info
Nosher

Post by Nosher »

20170811_180252.jpg

Hardly noticeable from the outside

20170811_180423.jpg

20170811_180445.jpg

This shows how it has to sit slightly to the left to allow the sun visor movement
jollyroger47

Post by jollyroger47 »

Hi Nosher (and everyone else, my first post here).
How and where did you conceal the wire to the dashcam?
Presumably, you would not use the dipping mirror button at night now, or does it not alter the camera view noticeably?
CX3 Sport Nav 2.0 litre petrol manual, pearlescent white. Purchased new 9-8-2017
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

That looks really good, but I still can't convince myself I need it. I've been driving for 53 years without one and managed okay. There are times when it would be good to show others what BMW drivers and cyclists are like, but I guess most drivers know that already. All I can say is that if I decide to get one, this looks the best so far.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
igloo_si

Post by igloo_si »

Petrol Ceramic White SE-L 03/16 CX3
Nosher

Post by Nosher »

Just tucked the cable behind the headlining and down the a pillar. Pop the glove box out and feed behind it, and just squeeze it round to the center console. Only bit you see is near the power socket.
Nosher

Post by Nosher »

As insurance companies advise people not to admit fault even if they are 100 per cent to blame, i think these are essential.
For a one off payment you have total piece of mind that justice will be done should you be unfortunate enough to be involved in an accident.
For example, a car jumps a red light and hits you. Driver gets out and accuses you of jumping red.
Another example. Your in a queue of stationary traffic and get shunted from behind into the car in front. This senario is an insurance nightmare.
Never mind all the scams going on out there.
Piece of mind at a small cost ;)