Quick review of deseasal

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

whilst my cx3 was in having its new air con unit fitted (yee hah- only be waiting 6 weeks and the service manager couldn't even telll me if it was henew style part!), I borrowed the deseasal version.

Oh dear....not for me

A constant whine and whistle

Absolutely no go below 2000rpm but a stupidly short first gear.

The loan car had 6000 miles on it and showed average mpg of 50.3, although I've no idea over what distance that was set. My petrol delivers an easy 45/46 around town and 50+ on a decent run. I'm so glad I picked the petrol.

And apologies to those of you that love your diesels.

GeeJam

Post by GeeJam »

Spot on Greenman. I'm staying with petrol whilst I can still enjoy it and for as long as I'm legally entitled to!

Petrol, as we have known all along, has far less environmental impact than diesel - yet Michael Gove, wants to ban sales of all new petrol and diesel cars in 23 years time to reduce NO2 emissions. All the UK's petrol cars contribute only about 7% of the total NO2 emissions. The remaining 93% is down to diesel cars, trains, lorries, taxis, tractors, etc.

I have little sympathy for those who have been hoodwinked into buying diesel cars (or worse, electric cars), simply because they believed they would help 'save the planet'!
CX-3 Sport Nav 2.0L Petrol. Manual. Soul Red & Half Stone interior. From new Sept 2015. South Lincolnshire UK.
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

I don't love mine although it is very smooth and goes like a train on steroids. I've got it because Mazda don't offer a petrol auto AWD in petrol like the rest of the world so you have to take the most hated engine in the world to suit the marketing department. I'm told that they are in discussions with Toyota for their 2.5 hybrid powertrain which would be utopia for me.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD