Birthday Treat

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
DrewUK

Post by DrewUK »

Just had the auto dim rear view mirror and auto folding wing mirror kit fitted by dealer. Both work a treat.

Nice to have a visual clue the car has locked when you walk away and all done in a couple of hours by the dealer. Both fitted for £290 which I didn't think was too bad.

Now just need to sort that minor damage to front bumper.

Drew
CX-3 Sport Nav+, Soul Red Crystal, 2.0 Petrol, Automatic, Safety Pack.

GeeJam

Post by GeeJam »

Happy Birthday Drew from Dorset.
CX-3 Sport Nav 2.0L Petrol. Manual. Soul Red & Half Stone interior. From new Sept 2015. South Lincolnshire UK.
DrewUK

Post by DrewUK »

Thankyou 😀
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

I keep being tempted by the auto dip mirror but I'm not convinced it is needed with th tinted glass in the sport nav model.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Greenman wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:54 pm I keep being tempted by the auto dip mirror but I'm not convinced it is needed with th tinted glass in the sport nav model.
I agree, I have an auto dip mirror in my MX5 and the first thing I do when I start up is to turn it off. As soon as you go under some trees during daylight it just goes dark and you cant see what is behind you. Very annoying.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

The problem with an auto dipping mirror is that if you get a PITA white van man behind you in the day, it isn't possible to dim it and his badly adjusted headlights dazzle you.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
DrewUK

Post by DrewUK »

Most of my driving is on Motorways at night and so far the new mirror has been a blessin. Plus it seems to be in a much better position than the original, might just be my imagination but i never got the original one to point exactly where i needed it to. Now if only they did dimming wing mirrors my night drives would be perfect :-)