Sport Nav alloy wheels?

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Trapdoor

Post by Trapdoor »

Just sorting out the various insurances on our CX-3 Sport Nav which we should be soon to pickup. One thing we always arrange is alloy wheel cover but the policy excludes Diamond or Laser Cut alloys. Talking with the dealer, he doesn't know if they are diamond cut but thinks they might be as they have a silver bit on them.

Checking on all of the Mazda documentation, it just calls them 'Gunmetal Alloy Wheels'.

Now, my Range Rover does have diamond cut and it's quite clear they are as they have hard machines edges, but having a look at a showroom car, there doesn't appear to be what I'd usually expect for a diamond cut wheel.

Does anyone have a definitive answer please? There is no point in paying the extra premium for cover if at some point we need to claim and they say 'nope - those are Diamond Cut wheels'.

Thanks.
Ordered: 2017 SportNav Auto with Stone Leather in Meteor Grey

st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

They are diamond cut alloys. Check out the accessories item :-

https://www.mazda.co.uk/buying-owning/a ... 965277080/

Only good point is they are excellent price imho compared to other manufacturer's prices for alloys.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
Trapdoor

Post by Trapdoor »

Ah, excellent. Many thanks for that.

Well, the insurance is about £250 so cheaper to buy a new wheel then 😄

Would be helpful if Mazda put that up on the spec when you configure the car, or indeed show it in the brochure (paper or on-line).
Ordered: 2017 SportNav Auto with Stone Leather in Meteor Grey
GeeJam

Post by GeeJam »

SportNav's wheels can be as clean, undamaged and shiny as you want . . . . but if, when close up, the disc brake calliper housing is rusted (like ours) due to TFR's not being fully rinsed off by our local Slovakian 'hand car wash', then it really spoils the appearance.
CX-3 Sport Nav 2.0L Petrol. Manual. Soul Red & Half Stone interior. From new Sept 2015. South Lincolnshire UK.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

TFR?
RX-3

Post by RX-3 »

Greenman wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:59 pmTFR?
Traffic Film Remover (https://www.detailingwiki.org/detailing ... m-remover/), it's the foam stuff they cover a car with at most car washes, most are wax protective, some are not so.

If you use these car wash places, its always a good idea to give your car a once over with something like this as soon as practicable after the wash (http://www.meguiars.co.uk/shop/ultimate ... iler-650ml) to add a protective layer.

When I lived in Scotland, I used the Meguiars UQD exclusively on my cars, now I live in Australia, I used Meguiars until I discovered this Australian made stuff (http://www.bowdensown.com.au/products/e ... ody-detail) which I find superior (in Australia, not tried in Scotland).
2017 CX-3 Maxx 2.0L 6sp Man FWD - Deep Crystal Blue Mica
Simon DW

Post by Simon DW »

What if you have had the Superguard protection on the car, i guess that is the same thing and should offer the same protection?

Simon.
Simon DW

Post by Simon DW »

Theses are the products.

Simon

Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 18.19.37.png

RX-3

Post by RX-3 »

Simon DW wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:18 pm What if you have had the Superguard protection on the car, i guess that is the same thing and should offer the same protection?

Simon.
Personally, I'd be wary of using TFR on your car, if the Supagard has not been applied correctly it will easily strip it. Also a poor quality TFR will strip Supagard no matter how well its been applied.
2017 CX-3 Maxx 2.0L 6sp Man FWD - Deep Crystal Blue Mica