Advanced Security System worry

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Deleted User 155

Post by Deleted User 155 »

...yes this has scared my other half too! The alarms been going off with her inside! I just leave the key with her inside or on long journeys away I give her the spare key to carry (sensible in case I lose mine!). I'll check out anchorman's suggestion - but will that not lock the door at all when walking away? I'm guessing it would 'single' lock rather than 'double' lock...

anyway my only grip is that a few times the car has not locked when I've walked away and I've come back to find it open... so I'm now always going back after walking away and double checking the door... I might as well just use the fob to lock!! :)

Greenman

Post by Greenman »

deep blue wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:34 am ...yes this has scared my other half too! The alarms been going off with her inside! I just leave the key with her inside or on long journeys away I give her the spare key to carry (sensible in case I lose mine!). I'll check out anchorman's suggestion - but will that not lock the door at all when walking away? I'm guessing it would 'single' lock rather than 'double' lock...

anyway my only grip is that a few times the car has not locked when I've walked away and I've come back to find it open... so I'm now always going back after walking away and double checking the door... I might as well just use the fob to lock!! :)
Get the auto mirror fold kit fitted for c£100 and you'll know whether it locked or not...
BurntoutDentist

Post by BurntoutDentist »

Thanks Anchorman for the tip.
So with the walk away facility it always double locks?? I like the walk away facility but not the double lock, I suppose one can't have everything.
If it's double locks, is there anyway to unlock from inside?? If there is, it defeats the point of double lock. That is potentially a dangerous situation.

Isn't double locking meant for kids security, not to imprison people! so surely there must be an override in the car.
CX-3 Sport 150 NAV 2.0 litre Petrol AWD 2017
BurntoutDentist

Not had the "not locking" issue but I always wait for the double beep. As I walk away.

So If my key fob fails while in car for some reason, fault or flat battery, I should have no problem opening a door??
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

BurntoutDentist wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:39 pm . . .If it's double locks, is there anyway to unlock from inside?? If there is, it defeats the point of double lock. That is potentially a dangerous situation.

Isn't double locking meant for kids security, not to imprison people! so surely there must be an override in the car.

Double locking is a security feature so that, with the car locked, you can't just break a window and reach in and open the door from inside. As you say, if you could unlock from inside it defeats the point.

Child locks are also fitted but are a different in that they stop a child riding in the car from opening an otherwise unlocked door from the inside, but you can open it from outside without the key.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
BurntoutDentist

I've disabled walk away in settings. Seems the simplest option. I'll get used to pressing the button again. It can be a pain having everything automated. When I was moving house recently I had a fully loaded car. I don't know why but the walk away feature didn't work above a certain loaded weight. it beeped at me with rapid repeated beeps when I walked away and I had to manually press the lock button, then it was OK. So it seems that with a heavily loaded car it stops working. Any thoughts on that one.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Rapid repeated beeps when you walk away is more likely the fact that it was alerting you that the ignition was still on (i-stop may have shut off the engine, but you then have to press the start/stop button if you're leaving the car). There is no logical reason why the loaded weight would have any bearing on the locking.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Peter55

Post by Peter55 »

jtonline wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:52 pm Rapid repeated beeps when you walk away is more likely the fact that it was alerting you that the ignition was still on (i-stop may have shut off the engine, but you then have to press the start/stop button if you're leaving the car). There is no logical reason why the loaded weight would have any bearing on the locking.
Unbeknown to me wife once packed her key in her suitcase when I was loading up the car, had me baffled for ages why it wouldn't lock and beeping at me, also happens when she put her handbag in the boot with her key in it.

This thread seems to have a common denominator

I find keyless and walk away locking to be one of my favourite features, one I will look for in all future purchases

If you have to leave wife/kids/dog or whatever in the car and don't want the alarm or doors to lock either leave key with one of the above or press the unlock button when walking away or the alarm off button on fob
Sport Nav Petrol Auto Dynamic Blue
Armrest
Front Sensors
BurntoutDentist

jtonline wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:52 pm Rapid repeated beeps when you walk away is more likely the fact that it was alerting you that the ignition was still on (i-stop may have shut off the engine, but you then have to press the start/stop button if you're leaving the car). There is no logical reason why the loaded weight would have any bearing on the locking.
I know it was strange, but I tested it. (the engine was off properly I can assure you, and I always disable i-stop, I hate it! How to wreck your starter motor).

I unloaded the car in increments and tried walking away to test it, until I got the point when it returned to normal. There was a consistent point when it allowed normal walk away behaviour. Anyone ideas on this. I can make the car repeat this behaviour, by loading the car to just the right amount
GeeJam

Post by GeeJam »

I agree that sometimes the clever technology makes life a little more complicated.

Our CX-3 is also set to auto walk-away locking and we've learnt to leave the key fob in the car if the driver (either the wife or me) gets out to refuel and pay, so the passenger cannot be locked in. We're used to it by now.

We sort of like the auto lock 'tailgate approach' function. If say, we both return to the locked car with the supermarket shopping, the car recognises you're 'in range' - and allows you to pop the boot open without the need to press the fob. Clever. Unfortunately, you've still got to put your shopping bags down to manually open the boot of course - which defeats the object of freeing up your hands in the first place. And . . . . you still need to use the fob if you want to unlock the rest of the car doors.

What would be really nice is when the car is already unlocked and stationary at a petrol station and your key fob is in your pocket, why is it I nearly always have to inconveniently walk right back around the car, open the driver's door again, and pull a little flimsy plastic lever to open the fuel filler cap 'cos I forgot to do it in the first place! Doh! :oops:
CX-3 Sport Nav 2.0L Petrol. Manual. Soul Red & Half Stone interior. From new Sept 2015. South Lincolnshire UK.