Advanced Security System worry

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
BurntoutDentist

Post by BurntoutDentist »

Hi all,
This is my first post so be kind.
I have a CX-3 Sport NAV 2.0 litre AWD 2017 model. This came with the Keyless Advanced Security System that enables me to just walk away after closing the door. I don't have to press the lock button.

Something happened the other day that worries me. I pulled up at a Petrol Station to fill up with my wife in the car. As I went to pay for the fuel I walked away from the car with my key transmitter in my pocket. This immediately caused the alarm to go off etc. Now I know there is an internal intrusion sensor. This may be OK if someone is trying to nick the car, but in this senario it was terrible. Not only that, but my wife was TRAPPED in the car. If she had to make an emergency exit she couldn't, and would have died if the car had burst into flames for some reason!
Any ideas, anyone, or do I have to go through the disable feature on my key transmitter, or leave the key with my wife. It's just something else to think about. And it's a pain. Is there anyway I can disable the internal intrusion sensor permanently.

On that same note, One thought occured to me that is worrying. If the Key transmitter for some reason failed, or the battery died while I was in the car, would I be trapped and unable to get out of the car!!!??? as very worrying thought.

Advice needed please

Peter
CX-3 Sport 150 NAV 2.0 litre Petrol AWD 2017

Peter55

Post by Peter55 »

Hi

If you press the bottom button on the key transmitter it turns of the internal alarm.

The doors aren't double locked so you can open them from the inside as normal

Or send the wife into pay is my preferred option

Cheers
Sport Nav Petrol Auto Dynamic Blue
Armrest
Front Sensors
BurntoutDentist

My wife tried to open the door when the alarm went off, but she couldn't.
Does the alarm double lock the door to trap the intruder.
Gus

Post by Gus »

I just turned off walk away locking simples :)

or potentially leave the keys with the wife or the door ajar.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

BurntoutDentist wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:15 pm My wife tried to open the door when the alarm went off, but she couldn't.
Does the alarm double lock the door to trap the intruder.
I'd try again - mine unlocks from inside.

She may have panicked.
BurntoutDentist

Thanks for the info Guys,
She did panic....come to think of it, and probably didn't know how to unlock from the inside
MartC

Post by MartC »

Some cars require a double pull on the interior door handle if the car is in a locked state. Worth a try ....
CX-3 Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol, Manual, Dynamic Blue
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

If you set walk away locking, it will double lock and then nobody can get out. Disabling the walk away locking in the vehicle settings screen is the answer.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
mum@mazda

Post by mum@mazda »

You could always give her, her own key to keep, for ever like, so long as it is with her she will never be locked in.
Radical I know, but in this age of equality :D :D
CX-3, Sport Nav, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather Aug 2015
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Another option is to leave your door on the jar as I'm sure it won't lock then. No more less secure than it being closed yet unlocked. Hopefully you won't be too long paying for the fuel for general petrol fumes from the forecourt to seep inside.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016