MPG

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

zoylander wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:43 pm If the display is to be relied upon, after 6000 miles my 2.0L Automatic averages 43mpg with the irritating i-stop function always turned off. I hope that by de-activating it before every journey it will eventually fail and leave me in peace.
I used to find it irritating, but now it feels odd when I'm out in the MX5 and the engine doesn't cut out when I stop in traffic.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED

Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

I never used to use it in my wife's car but always use it now in the CX-3. Once your used to it then it's second nature.
Beachman

Post by Beachman »

after nearly 2yrs still doing 43mpg normal driving.
it has been said many times don't brake so hard, then you wont get istop problem
Se-l nav auto dynamic blue petrol
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

zoylander wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:43 pm If the display is to be relied upon, after 6000 miles my 2.0L Automatic averages 43mpg with the irritating i-stop function always turned off. I hope that by de-activating it before every journey it will eventually fail and leave me in peace.
If it didn't have I-stop, we'd all be paying more VED on our CX3s
funfry

Post by funfry »

i honestly don't understand what all the fuss is about, ive had my cx3 for the grand total of 5 days and i find the i-stop completely unobtrusive, gently pressure on the brake when stationary the i-stop doesn't kick in only with deliberate over pressure on the brake it will go into i-stop mode, and it restarts before my foot has made it from brake onto accelerator (auto) i'm no fan of start stop technology as ive always been brought up understanding the starting of a car puts the most strain on all drive trains including timing belts etc, but compared to other start stops i think the Mazda one is a very clever effective one. interesting to see if they will last as long as my 180k honda or my 17 year old polo.
DaveJ

Post by DaveJ »

Cheers for the responses fellas , some interesting ones !

I am going to try the reset thing, 800 + miles now. Did a longer run this weekend and did see 38-39 as average. but falls back when doing the daily work commute

Reset on computer needed I think
CX3 Sport Nav - Dynamic Blue , Petrol
millerob

Post by millerob »

The MPG on my 2.0L man. withAWD averaged 48 on a 600 mile trip having just broken the 4000 miles on the clock. It had low 30's mpg up until about 2500 miles and has gotten better ever since.
Location Lanarkshire, Scotland. My baby is a Soul Red CX3 2.0L Sport Nav AWD with cream leather and Grey Alcantara.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

To be honest I think we spend far too much time looking at the fuel consumption rather than enjoying the drive. Let's face it, if we really were that concerned we would have bought hybrids or electric cars if efficiency is what we wanted. The CX-3 is a good allrounder and great fun to drive no matter what fuel consumption we achieve. Let's all switch the info button to see the mileage and not the MPG and enjoy the car.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
Knibbo

Post by Knibbo »

I have written on this issue back in March when I purchased my CX-3. I mentioned back then I was getting well over 50mpg which brought about a few comments of disbelief. I can now report 6 months later and now coming up to 6000m that I am consistently getting over 50mpg according to the computer. I've just completed a long trip from Hayling to Yorkshire return, mainly motorway with cruise set to 70 mostly and have arrived home after 562m, computer shows 58.3mpg using approx one tank of fuel for the trip. I have generally always achieved low 50mpg with mixed driving. I don't tend to accelerate or brake heavy but I don't doodle about either. I would not be happy to be getting a fuel return in the 30s as quoted in this feed.
CX-3, Feb 2017, Soul, Sport Nav, FWD 120, Stone leather, Mazda Body kit, Belly pan front and rear, door sill strips and footwell lamps fitted.
TAX

Post by TAX »

TAX wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:37 am I have had a 2.0 litre CX3 auto. for a couple of weeks now, and with only a couple of hundred town miles on the clock I am getting 34 mpg.
The dealership assure me that once I hit around 1000 miles the fuel consumption will slowly start to improve.

I am not holding my breath.
I reset the fuel consumption meter and on a 100 mile country run, driving with economy in mind, I recorded 38mpg. That's still nothing to write home about, but it is an improvement.

On a level road, when I take my foot off the accelerator, when doing around 30-40 m.p.h, the car feels as if it is braking, rather than the slow slowing down and coasting that I experience with other cars. Its as if the handbrake is still 5% engaged. No handbrake warning light though. Maybe it is just a one of the many characteristics of the car that I have to get used to.

This car is very very different to both my Hilux pick up ( no surprise there) and the Nissan Note I had previously.
SEPT 2017
CX3GT AUTO PETROL. CERAMIC METALLIC. 39 MPG
YORKSHIRE.