MPG

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
amigoforlavida

Post by amigoforlavida »

TAX wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:58 am
TAX wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:37 am I have had a 2.0 litre CX3 auto. for a couple of weeks now, and with only a couple of hundred town miles on the clock I am getting 34 mpg.
The dealership assure me that once I hit around 1000 miles the fuel consumption will slowly start to improve.

I am not holding my breath.
I reset the fuel consumption meter and on a 100 mile country run, driving with economy in mind, I recorded 38mpg. That's still nothing to write home about, but it is an improvement.

On a level road, when I take my foot off the accelerator, when doing around 30-40 m.p.h, the car feels as if it is braking, rather than the slow slowing down and coasting that I experience with other cars. Its as if the handbrake is still 5% engaged. No handbrake warning light though. Maybe it is just a one of the many characteristics of the car that I have to get used to.

This car is very very different to both my Hilux pick up ( no surprise there) and the Nissan Note I had previously.
Our experience is just the opposite, we found that after our C series Merc we have to take our foot of the power far earlier on our Auto CX-3
CX-3 SEL Nav Auto petrol Soul Red Reg Jan 2017

goldhillman

Post by goldhillman »

Probably the auto box changing down?
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Stone Leather, March 2017.
Gordongilchrist

Post by Gordongilchrist »

There is definitely an issue. I just returned from a 50 mile r so trip with stops n computer showed 62 mpg. I average about 46mpg with mainly urban n city runs. My car coast's normally. Maybe brakes r binding r something. The atksenson engine works best at low throttle. So get up to speed promptly n try to hold a steady throttle with minimum variations works best. Don't trickle up to speed r race up either. I got high 30s for first couple of fills then after 1000 miles r so improved noticeably. I've done about 9000 miles now

U don't have it in sport mode all time?
2017 Mazda CX-3 sport nav 2WD Automatic 120 petrol in white :)
bloodline

Post by bloodline »

It might be worth doing a manual check.

1. Fill the tank up to the brim.
2. Reset the odometer.
3. Drive around for a couple of days.
4. Fill up to the brim again and note the amount you put in.

Divide the reading on the odometer, by the amount of fuel you just put in.
CX-3 Sport Nav Petrol Manual 120ps FWD Dynamic Blue, London England ;)
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

TAX wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:37 am I have had a 2.0 litre CX3 auto. for a couple of weeks now, and with only a couple of hundred town miles on the clock I am getting 34 mpg.
The dealership assure me that once I hit around 1000 miles the fuel consumption will slowly start to improve.

I am not holding my breath.
Stop worrying about it, it is early days. I was only getting mid 30s when I first got it. I have now covered 3500 miles and average 43 mpg using it for an 11 mile trip to work and back. However I have managed 50+ mpg on an 80 mile round trip so I think it is starting to improve. What we do know is that the CX3 returns the best fuel consumption when driven at a constant speed. I no longer watch the MPG, I select the display that shows me mileage to the next fill and settle down to enjoy my drive. The best thing about the CX3 is the driving experience, don't miss out on this by watching the fuel gauge. ENJOY!
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
Nosher

Post by Nosher »

I have a 2.0 petrol sport nav and im averaging 46mpg with 900 miles on the clock

Well happy ;)
HumberMart

Post by HumberMart »

My 2.0 auto generally averages about 42 mpg per tankful now (2,500 miles).

I could easily get 50 mpg when new and driving carefully, and can do again of course if I want to stick to 50 mph type roads and drive sensibly.

I now find that doing 70 ish on motorways is not the most economical mode for the CX3, as it struggles to get much above 40 mpg
CX-3 GT Sport Auto (2.0 petrol 120 2WD) in Ceramic
DaveJ

Post by DaveJ »

Hi All

Did the reset thing, went on a nice leisurely motorway run and was around 55mpg, after a week of normal round town driving , has settled at around 42-43 mpg Very happy with that tbh. As a poster said, can stop worrying about it now and get on with enjoying the car

Cheers Guys
CX3 Sport Nav - Dynamic Blue , Petrol
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Over the last 500 mile the dash display has crept up to 51.1mpg...

But I’m not yet brave enough to crack the 500 mile range before topping up....