Cost of 2nd Annual Service

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

jtonline wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:55 pm A general exclusion for all three levels is "Any component which is either subject to recall by Mazda, manufacturing defect or inherent design faults." I would say that the original air con evaporator and condenser had manufacturing defects and the control panel an inherent design fault.
Were I to think of taking up an Mazda extended warranty I'd be interested in Citizens Advice's view on that general exclusion clause. The way that is worded could give Mazda an excuse to exclude cover for ANY problem on a non-service item due to one of those reasons. Recall, manufacturing defects and inherent design faults are all Mazda's responsibility imho and must be covered by them. As an example, they've been replacing at no cost to the owner certain air con items during the 3 year warranty period due to a combination of manufacturing defects and inherent design fault so why not during the extended period?
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016

p6nsh

Post by p6nsh »

Just had 3rd service and MOT,also A/C condenser changed although A/C was working, Mazda is changing condensers on 2015 models as they come in for service (so I was told by dealer) also had all 4 alloys changed although only 3 had the white marks on them.They also upgraded the software to the latest edition.Warranty runs out on 15 Oct just got it done in time.Cost of service MOT etc £264, I do live in Surrey so we expect to pay more, unfortunately that is life.
Machine Grey Sport Nav+ 150ps AWD Auto with safety Pack
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

Dear p6nsh..
Great that you had the A/C changed without asking? and even better you got the alloys changed!-wow!
Did you have to ask for the software update and did they do this for free too?
As for the £264 service charge--of course that would have included the MOT(yes?) so in fact you are only marginally paying over the odds for the actual service itself.
I just wonder what you were quoted for a three year service deal when you first bought in 2015?..with hindsight...might you have "saved" if you had done so?
Anybody else have these thoughts and questions?
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018
p6nsh

Post by p6nsh »

They just did the software update as routine, there was no charge on the invoice as far as I can see. Regarding the 3 year service deal in this forum somewhere some members had a 3 year service deal and during the 3 year term the garage went bust and closed, they found the service deal was non transferable.that is one of the reasons I did not take it up.
Machine Grey Sport Nav+ 150ps AWD Auto with safety Pack
igloo_si

Post by igloo_si »

bought the car in Basingstoke with a 3 year service deal, but serviced the car in Weybridge no problem. i guess it's transferable.
Petrol Ceramic White SE-L 03/16 CX3
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

I queried the service deal and the ability to transfer it. You have to request it when purchasing the service plan. There is a box the dealer has to tick to enable the plan to be used at other participating dealers. If not ticked you have to go back to the place of purchase.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
GeeJam

Post by GeeJam »

p6nsh says:

"Cost of [3rd] service, MOT, etc £264, I do live in Surrey so we expect to pay more, unfortunately that is life.

That's £41.38 cheaper than our 2nd service last year. Well done.
CX-3 Sport Nav 2.0L Petrol. Manual. Soul Red & Half Stone interior. From new Sept 2015. South Lincolnshire UK.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

p6nsh wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:31 pm They just did the software update as routine, there was no charge on the invoice as far as I can see. Regarding the 3 year service deal in this forum somewhere some members had a 3 year service deal and during the 3 year term the garage went bust and closed, they found the service deal was non transferable.that is one of the reasons I did not take it up.
That was probably my post re being sold a service plan when buying my new car and the dealer going bust 2 months later. The dealer had conned me that the plan was a Mazda UK wide one when in fact it turned out to be a their own dealership only one. It seems I wasn't the only one sold a plan under this misleading sales process as Mazda UK ended up putting me and others at no additional cost onto the Mazda UK scheme which is administered by EMaC Limited on behalf of Mazda.

So I definitely recommend anyone considering purchasing a service plan makes sure it is supported by the manufacturer / importer nationwide and that services can be undertaken at any dealer. Thus you'd be covered in the situation when a dealer went bust / lost its franchise, or you were to move so that taking it back to the original dealer for service was impractical.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Or pay by credit card and claim back if the service isn’t provided
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

st3v3cx-3 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:31 pm
jtonline wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:55 pm A general exclusion for all three levels is "Any component which is either subject to recall by Mazda, manufacturing defect or inherent design faults." I would say that the original air con evaporator and condenser had manufacturing defects and the control panel an inherent design fault.
Were I to think of taking up an Mazda extended warranty I'd be interested in Citizens Advice's view on that general exclusion clause. The way that is worded could give Mazda an excuse to exclude cover for ANY problem on a non-service item due to one of those reasons. Recall, manufacturing defects and inherent design faults are all Mazda's responsibility imho and must be covered by them. As an example, they've been replacing at no cost to the owner certain air con items during the 3 year warranty period due to a combination of manufacturing defects and inherent design fault so why not during the extended period?
Since my posting above, I've been in contact with Allianz Partners UK who run the extended warranty insurance policies. I'd been wrongly reading the policy exclusion clause 11 described above as if the whole policy was being run / administered by Mazda. I now understand - as Allianz say - that the extended warranty doesn't cover Mazda recalls, manufacturing defects or inherent design faults. Were a failure to occur due to one of these hopefully very rare reasons it would be upto Mazda UK to fund the repair - not the extended warranty policy. That makes sense now :)