Cost of 2nd Annual Service

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

They won't do a sat nav update in the cost and unless you ask for the MZD update they won't do that.I would love to see a job sheet and see how much time they are given to do a 1st service,probably 45mins tops so work out after parts the hourly rate.
For nearly £200 i would want alot more than Mazda are offering that's why i always use my local trusted indy.

Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

Mazda Harpenden 3 year service cost is £540, including oils. However that obviously will not include the MOT , 3 years hence. ....
Important to remember that vehicle is under guarantee during this 3 year period.
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018
GeeJam

Post by GeeJam »

Blame me, but In the next few months, this post will have been going for a year since I started it. Thanks everyone for keeping it going. By then, our beloved CX-3 will be due for its 3rd annual service and . . . . yes, it's first MOT! :o

Re: passing its first MOT. With currently 22,000 miles on the clock, the most astonishing thing (apart from the driving pleasure and overall vehicle reliability) is the lack of wear on the original Toyo tyres. On our previous cars (also front wheel drive), we've known Yokohamas, Dunlops & Goodyears to last no more than ave. 15,000 miles.

Maybe it's because we're now a couple 60 year old farts and drive more sedately - hence the excellent tyre wear?
CX-3 Sport Nav 2.0L Petrol. Manual. Soul Red & Half Stone interior. From new Sept 2015. South Lincolnshire UK.
mum@mazda

Post by mum@mazda »

I'm impressed with the tyre wear, or lack of it too. I don't find the ride harsh, just firm, and don't notice the tyre noise. Each to their own i guess, but i prefer a firm ride any day just for the pleasure.

We are due 3rd service and MOT too, booked in for friday, so fingers crossed, but at 20000 miles, i would not anticipate any issues, and its still under warranty.... just.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather Aug 2015
steve67

Post by steve67 »

Has anyone ever asked Mazda to price match a independent garage price?
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

steve67 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:04 am Has anyone ever asked Mazda to price match a independent garage price?
I guess the"problem" trying to do that is you will need to get the independent garage to supply you with a written fully detailed quote for their service, showing all the items covered and the Mazda part numbers of replacement parts e.g. oil, oil filter etc. Or maybe I'm being too pessimistic and the statement on the Mazda site that "We're so confident in our service that if you receive a quote from an independent garage that says it'll carry out a like-for-like service for less, your local Mazda Dealer will match it" means all you need is a written quote from the independent garage stating "we will carry out a like-for-like Mazda xx,xxxx miles service for a cost of £yyy.yy" and that would qualify? But why would the independent garage do that as it's pretty much telling them you want a quote to enable you to go to Mazda to get them to price match whereby you will go with Mazda rather than them?
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
mum@mazda

Post by mum@mazda »

Just had 3rd service done at 20000 miles. Grand total of £180. Which i dont think is too bad. MOT (£49) passed with just observations of tyres 4mm tread and front pads worn. Took out extended warranty for £310 with Mazda, mainly because the air conditioning appears a little fragile for my liking, but hopefully it is sorted now with new condenser and logic controller. Only time will tell, but this new ac gas is quite expensive, and a regas alone could be more than the extended warranty.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Another good price mum@mazda. Mine at main dealer was £273.58 inc. VAT. I haven't had an MOT yet.

I've still got to compare the extended warranty cover that companies other than Mazda provide, but I'll probably go with the Mazda policy.

Note for anyone not yet signed-up and likes to do mods like lowered suspension etc; Mazda's extended warranty does not cover a vehicle that has been modified in any way from the original specification. It wouldn't cover the aircon condenser/evaporator/control unit issues, that we're all aware of, either.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
mum@mazda

Post by mum@mazda »

I think that the top level of cover does, the 2 lower levels specify what components are covered, but the top level specifies what it doesn't cover, and i could not see that the ac was excluded. I am awaiting policy documents in the post, but you can download documents from the Mazda site.
Fingers crossed.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

A general exclusion for all three levels is "Any component which is either subject to recall by Mazda, manufacturing defect or inherent design faults." I would say that the original air con evaporator and condenser had manufacturing defects and the control panel an inherent design fault.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd