Cost of 2nd Annual Service

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
mum@mazda

Post by mum@mazda »

It's a big up for Christopher Neil Mazda in Northwich. They have always done me right both with the Mazda and my Elise. They are not my local dealer, but don't mind the extra drive from Stoke for good service. :D :D :D Stoke Mazda did not impress when I had initial warranty claim for a rear seat belt latch.
I was surprised when they offered to reduce the cost if certain items were checked and found not to need replacement, but I feel that a sensible approach is good news.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather Aug 2015

GeeJam

Post by GeeJam »

Thanks Mum@Mazda,

£149 Service + £35 petrol/running cost (210 mile round trip from Stamford, Lincs to Northwich, Cheshire & return).

TOTAL: £184.00.

Putting aside the inconvenience of being away for whole day - that's still £121.38* cheaper than our service locally.

*Equivalent to 18 x bottles of NZ Sauvignon Blanc on offer @ Morrisons.
CX-3 Sport Nav 2.0L Petrol. Manual. Soul Red & Half Stone interior. From new Sept 2015. South Lincolnshire UK.
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

Clearly the 3 year service plan is a no-brainer, and I have also had the a/c condenser replaced under warranty.

When our cars reach 3 years old there will be the option of extending the warranty, and presumably the service plan as well. Will that also be a no-brainer or will the cost be prohibitive? Wait and see......
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

3 year plan - £21 pm for 30 months 😁
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White
Beachman

Post by Beachman »

had second year service today
£353 inc vat &service enhancement.
surrey seems to be the top spot,
Se-l nav auto dynamic blue petrol
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

I’m amazed they said the brake fluid is OK, it should be changed on time not mileage and I know Mazda wouldn’t be happy about that.

Don’t forget to barter folks. You don’t need to accept their price and you can legally get quotes from independent garages.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
Deleted User 155

Post by Deleted User 155 »

anchorman wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:34 pm I’m amazed they said the brake fluid is OK, it should be changed on time not mileage and I know Mazda wouldn’t be happy about that.

Don’t forget to barter folks. You don’t need to accept their price and you can legally get quotes from independent garages.

...independent garages can't access the Mazda digital service record, so they told me at the Mazda dealer, ...so if you went off-piste you'd end up with a bit of paper as proof of the service. I miss the rubber stamps going in the service book, seems like if you haven't got a computer these days you're so-yesterday!! :roll:
mum@mazda

Post by mum@mazda »

And if the fluid was checked for moisture content and found to be within tolerance, what's the issue ? I for 1 don't want to pay for something I don't need. Car maintenance is too expensive already, the dealer mark up on oils and parts is excessive, labour rates to the technician are too low.

Rant over.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather Aug 2015
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

deep blue wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:42 am...independent garages can't access the Mazda digital service record, so they told me at the Mazda dealer,

An independent operator can if they want to. They register with Mazda to be able to update any Mazda DSR, and then use a computer with internet access.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

mum@mazda wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:41 am And if the fluid was checked for moisture content and found to be within tolerance, what's the issue ?..

I doubt a dealer has the equipment to check for moisture content, and if they did they would charge for the time it took to test. They obviously think it's OK to leave it for another 12 months though. It is my understanding that it's not just moisture absorbtion but the degradation of corrosion inhibitors within the fluid over time that means it's good practice to replace every 24 months.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd