Sept.’17 Sat Nav Update

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Peter55

Post by Peter55 »

Fastest slickest update process ever, normally takes me a couple of hours, but all done in 15 mins

Maybe because I didn’t do it on the day of release as per my usual impatient/excitable self, or just maybe Mazda have improved their Toolbox
Sport Nav Petrol Auto Dynamic Blue
Armrest
Front Sensors

st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Thanks for that info Peter. I will try leaving my update till a few weeks after release next time to see if my previous tardy update times is similary improved.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Any noticeable updates on the maps re POIs, speed cameras etc?
Peter55

Post by Peter55 »

Greenman wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:54 pm Any noticeable updates on the maps re POIs, speed cameras etc?
Nothing local to me, probably added that sneaky one on the Istanbul Ring Road
Sport Nav Petrol Auto Dynamic Blue
Armrest
Front Sensors
jollyroger47

Post by jollyroger47 »

I did the update, very quick. I have some issues though. Some inconsistencies with speed cams. There is one on the A32 near me, been there for years, no sign of it on the nav screen! Also, Eastern Road Portsmouth, going south, camera shows on screen, audible warning. Going north, camera shows on screen, but no audible warning. Anyone else having similar problems?
CX3 Sport Nav 2.0 litre petrol manual, pearlescent white. Purchased new 9-8-2017
GeeJam

Post by GeeJam »

You know, come to think of it, we don't believe any Sat-Nav update has ever been done to our CX-3. We are still amusingly entertained by the screen showing that your car is travelling across grey 'undiscovered' barren fields of nothingness (where they actually have now built an enormous by-pass around a village).

Q. What the hell is it that we now need to do so that we can upgrade our 2-year old CX-3's SatNav data?
Q. How do you know that your CX-3 needs a Sat-Nav update?
Q. Is it really quite simple?
Q. Is it expensive if you ask the local Mazda dealer to sort it out for you?
Q. Can we do it ourselves really easily?
CX-3 Sport Nav 2.0L Petrol. Manual. Soul Red & Half Stone interior. From new Sept 2015. South Lincolnshire UK.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

It's quite straightforward to do...

Download & install Mazda Toolbox software for Windows or OSX from this web page.

With the ignition off, remove the SD card from your CX-3 (it's behind the flip down cover next to the USB sockets) and insert it into the SD card reader on your computer.

Register an account by following the instructions on this web page.

Once logged-in to your account and your card has been verified, you will be offered a map download if you're eligible and don't already have the latest map on the card. See this web page. It can take quite a long time to download & install, depending on internet speed, computer specification, size of the map update, etc.

Once complete, with the ignition off, put the SD card back in the car.

Don't be surprised if expected road updates are not on the latest map. If you know of errors or missing roads you can report them on this web page and they may eventually make it into a future update.

For people who don't have access to a computer, or find it all too confusing, a Mazda dealer can do it for you. You'll need to ask if it's done FOC during the warranty period, and if not what their charge would be.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
GeeJam

Post by GeeJam »

Much appreciated JT. As helpful as ever . . . . Thank you.
CX-3 Sport Nav 2.0L Petrol. Manual. Soul Red & Half Stone interior. From new Sept 2015. South Lincolnshire UK.
BRY

Post by BRY »

Just done a satnav update just fifteen minutes today last time three hours.
Cx-3 SE-L Navigation Auto petrol eternal blue 2019
1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

Picked up new car last Sunday and updated the sat nav SD card the next day on the PC via the Mazda tool box (download).
I thought it was never going to finish as it must have taken the best part of three hours. Hopefully future updates will be allot quicker.
SINCE FEB 2018 I NO LONGER OWN VEHICLE
CX-3 Sport Nav - 2.0L Petrol - 2017 - Manual - 2WD - Eternal Blue Metallic - Half Leather - 44.3mpg on a good day down hill with a strong wind behind 😎