Is the Front Centre Armrest worth buying?

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Habu

Post by Habu »

What sort of storage does the armrest offer? Does anyone have a pic of the inside of the armrest?
Sport Nav in Dynamic Blue Mica / Petrol Manual / Stone Leather / Safety Pack
CX-30 GT Sport Tech auto in Soul Red from January 2020.

st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

I've not seen any pictures other than the one of the closed armrest on the Mazda site. It's possible Anchorman might have one or two from his comprehensive fitting instructions he posted a while ago now.

You might want to check out this site for an alternative to the Mazda accessory. NB: I've got no connection with them, nor have I purchased one but I might at some point

https://www.armster.co.uk/shop/mazda-cx ... 2-armrest/

That is the dearer of their two versions, as it comes with an extendable sliding lid plus a removable pocket thing that fits in the back. Here's some pics

Mazda CX-3 Armster 2 centre armrest pic3.jpg

Mazda CX-3 Armster 2 centre armrest pic2.jpg

Mazda CX-3 Armster 2 centre armrest pic1.jpg

Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

When I first got my car I considered getting a centre arm rest, but the y look so awkwardly situated so didn't bother. Manage quite happily without one.
SINCE FEB 2018 I NO LONGER OWN VEHICLE
CX-3 Sport Nav - 2.0L Petrol - 2017 - Manual - 2WD - Eternal Blue Metallic - Half Leather - 44.3mpg on a good day down hill with a strong wind behind 😎
goldhillman

Post by goldhillman »

I fitted the Mazda version myself following anchorman’s excellent instructions. I steered clear of the Armster as it does not come with the all important support bracket to eliminate flexing. The storage is adequate for a phone, charger, spare keys etc. Most importantly, it supports your arm! It does make using the handbrake and volume control a little awkward, but you soon adapt. Wouldn’t be without mine.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Stone Leather, March 2017.
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

I have had one fitted and it adds to the comfort. With your arm resting on it the volume /mute button & Jog wheel seem perfectly placed.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.