Hands up if....

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
TAX

Post by TAX »

Thanks for that jtonline.

I will sleep easier tonight.

The handbook is very confusing on many of the features, especially the door lock procedures.

When I nip out of the car for a minute or two (with the keys in my pocket, I have Advanced Keyless Entry) to run into the newsagent for a paper and I leave Mrs. Tax in the car, the car locks and if she so much as moves a muscle the alarm goes off. :D

I cant figure out how to set things up, other than by taking the keys out of my pocket and leaving them in the car, so that she can choose whether to lock the car or not by pressing the door lock button.

Sometimes the technology that make things so much easier and convenient, can just as easily become an annoying inconvenience, and mastering the unruly beast can be a frustrating experience.
SEPT 2017
CX3GT AUTO PETROL. CERAMIC METALLIC. 39 MPG
YORKSHIRE.

Mrbluesky

Post by Mrbluesky »

jtonline wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:57 pm
TAX wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:13 am
For example it took me a while to work out what the second tailgate rubber button did and even then it was not in the manual but from reading something online.
please can you put me out of my misery and tell me what it does.

It's the tailgate request switch that locks all the doors and the tailgate when you press it with the tailgate down. On models with Advanced Keyless Entry and walk away locking it's pretty redundant though; I've never used it.
And I thought I understood its purpose, so before saying so on this forum I went and tried it, and I was wrong, it didn't do what I expected at all. What I had read somewhere was that with the tailgate open and being potentially distracted loading shopping, you could press the button to lock all the other doors to prevent a bag theft from within the car for example. But that is not what it does.
CX-3 2016 Dynamic Blue Sport Nav 2.0 petrol manual with half Stone Leather.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

TAX wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:42 pm ...When I nip out of the car for a minute or two (with the keys in my pocket, I have Advanced Keyless Entry) to run into the newsagent for a paper and I leave Mrs. Tax in the car, the car locks and if she so much as moves a muscle the alarm goes off. :D

I cant figure out how to set things up, other than by taking the keys out of my pocket and leaving them in the car, so that she can choose whether to lock the car or not by pressing the door lock button...

Yep, I leave the advanced keyless entry and walk away locking enabled coz I like them. On the odd occasion that I leave someone in the car, I just give them the keys or put the keys in the centre console.

You could keep the key and temporarily disable the interior alarm sensors with the button on the fob, but the downside is that it would still leave the doors deadlocked which isn't very safe for the occupant/s as they wouldn't be able to get out in the event of an emergency.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Not read the manual, I don't know how to open the glove box. I'm told that's where I will find it.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

:lol: You haven't downloaded the online version or used the My Mazda app to work out how to use the glovebox then :?: :lol:

Where do you keep your gloves :?:
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

jtonline wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:59 pm :lol: You haven't downloaded the online version or used the My Mazda app to work out how to use the glovebox then :?: :lol:
I've got an MX5, they don't have a glove box, so I'm very confused. :lol:
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

jtonline wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:59 pm :lol: You haven't downloaded the online version or used the My Mazda app to work out how to use the glovebox then :?: :lol:

Where do you keep your gloves :?:

There's a glove box :o
SINCE FEB 2018 I NO LONGER OWN VEHICLE
CX-3 Sport Nav - 2.0L Petrol - 2017 - Manual - 2WD - Eternal Blue Metallic - Half Leather - 44.3mpg on a good day down hill with a strong wind behind 😎