Boot storage

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

jtonline wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:32 pm
1Monty wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:14 pm I'm glad you brought this question up Nick as I was wondering what was behind that panel ion the right as well. I can't get the panel to open. Is there a technique to it. I don't want to pull on it to hard and break it.

Personally I would prefer a spare wheel rather than a repair kit, but not sure where you would put one. On the roof perhaps ;)

I think you just need to pull a bit harder on the panel.

You can install a space saver spare wheel in the boot (official kit of bits) or you can buy a full size alloy and associated bits and put that in the boot. I've done a write-up on the latter option here: http://www.jtonline.info/18-inch-spare-wheel/
Thanks for the info jtonline. Something to think about when my bank balance has recovered :)
SINCE FEB 2018 I NO LONGER OWN VEHICLE
CX-3 Sport Nav - 2.0L Petrol - 2017 - Manual - 2WD - Eternal Blue Metallic - Half Leather - 44.3mpg on a good day down hill with a strong wind behind 😎

1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

I have just found this link for a space saver wheel (I want to keep boot depth) that comes with all the kit. Do you think this is a good deal or does anyone know where to get it cheaper. Thanks

https://motornuts.co.uk/mazda-cx-3-2015 ... nd-returns
SINCE FEB 2018 I NO LONGER OWN VEHICLE
CX-3 Sport Nav - 2.0L Petrol - 2017 - Manual - 2WD - Eternal Blue Metallic - Half Leather - 44.3mpg on a good day down hill with a strong wind behind 😎
Nick-uk

Post by Nick-uk »

Thanks for the info, ill ask my dealer where I got the car to see if they can do a deal for me as I am going to be getting some more accessories as well.
~Nick~
CX-3 GT Sport Ceramic
ptirving

Post by ptirving »

Just bought myself a space saver 125/ 70D 16 from Ebay. Put it on top of the subwoofer with tension belts holding it with the flooring bits on top, consequently lost a lot of height in the boot. So....
Does anyone know how much the replacement polystyrene bits to fit with the spare and subwoofer would be?
Thanks
Was GT Sport 2.0 Petrol Auto Meteor Grey 39mpg round the doors 46mpg on a run
Now 2019 Mazda 3 2.0 petrol auto Meteor Grey
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

I can't remember the exact amount but i got both polystyrene parts,a wheel brace and the insulation mat for the spare wheel to sit on for under £77 at my local Mazda dealer.
Gus

Post by Gus »

For skinny spares, try here https://www.thewheelshop.co.uk/space-sa ... mazda-cx-3

Then read JT’s website for how to extend the retaining bolt, buy the foam from Mazda and you are all set :)
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
Brum1955

Post by Brum1955 »

I put a full size spare in as detailed in jt's article on this forum, suggest you read it. The inserts cost approximately £50 from a main dealer, haggle the price for a discount. The wheel should be installed first and the speaker placed inside. Installation instructions can be found on the web.
Just taken delivery of CX3 Sport Nav 2000 petrol manual in Eternal Blue Mica. This replaces my 21 year old Xedos Sport 2 litre V6.