Audio/Seetings info

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

Just a couple of quick questions that hopefully someone can answer for me please.

Under 'Audio/Sound/Settings' on the navigation screen, at the bottom of the audio sound settings there is a setting called LRC with numbers going from 0 - 7. What is this setting for please, as I cannot see any info in the hand book.

Also...

The Bose unit in the boot compartment. Should that be blasting out bass sound. Although I can feel it working there isn't much sound coming from it.
SINCE FEB 2018 I NO LONGER OWN VEHICLE
CX-3 Sport Nav - 2.0L Petrol - 2017 - Manual - 2WD - Eternal Blue Metallic - Half Leather - 44.3mpg on a good day down hill with a strong wind behind 😎

jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Don't you mean ALC?
Automatic Level Control automatically adjusts audio volume and sound quality according to the speed of the vehicle. When the vehicle goes faster, volume increases. When the vehicle slows down, volume decreases. The level can be changed from 1 through to 7.

The sub-woofer in the boot generates low bass notes which are non-directional. It doesn't 'blast out bass' but it does make a difference to the overall sound.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

The setting adjusts the volume depending on ambient / road noise. You can adjust how much it increases from 0-7

Bass from a subwoofer isn't something you 'hear' the same as a conventional speaker. You will hear the bass but it will be non directional.
1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

jtonline wrote: ↑Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:46 pm Don't you mean ALC?
Automatic Level Control automatically adjusts audio volume and sound quality according to the speed of the vehicle. When the vehicle goes faster, volume increases. When the vehicle slows down, volume decreases. The level can be changed from 1 through to 7.

The sub-woofer in the boot generates low bass notes which are non-directional. It doesn't 'blast out bass' but it does make a difference to the overall sound.
Thanks jtonline & rockposer.

ACL, that's the one. I knew there was an L&C in there somewhere.

Would you set around mid-way or leave at zero.
CX-3 Sport Nav - 2.0L Petrol - 2017 - Manual - 2WD - Eternal Blue Metallic - Half Leather - 44.3mpg on a good day down hill with a strong wind behind 😎
tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

Midway for me!
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White
1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

πŸ‘
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Personal preference really. If you find yourself manually turning up the volume as your road speed increases, then try a higher ALC setting.
Mine's set at 4.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Or you could turn it up to 7 open the window and let everybody enjoy your favourite music. :D
On the other hand it isn't a VW Golf.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

Strangways wrote: ↑Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:50 pm Or you could turn it up to 7 open the window and let everybody enjoy your favourite music. :D
On the other hand it isn't a VW Golf.

....or a chavmobile
slideboy

Post by slideboy »

This is why I love this forum.

I have had my cx3 for 16 months and love it. the one thing I felt was missing was the function I had on my Mercedes C Class was the Audio not responding to road noise. Having scoured the manual I could find no mention so guessed it didn't have this function. Now thanks to the forum I found it does.

I wonder what other functions this great car has that I have yet to discover.
CX-3 SportsNav auto meteor Grey PS120