Car cleaning

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
UKDucatiman

Post by UKDucatiman »

Lots of posts elsewhere about safeguard, but basically it's a glorified polish, costing about £30 a bottle. Worse still if you take your car to any of the usual hand 'car wash' places it will be removed in a very quick space of time due to the acidity in their cleaning products. It' about time the dealerships stopped pushing this as a paint protection system, especially when you consider the ridiculously high charge.

On purchasing my car I took it my local detailer who prepared the car and then applied a number of Gtechniq serum products, which basically seals the car in a hard coating. I don't clean the car that often but when I do it’s a labour of love and takes me about 2.5 hours to complete. If follows the lines of - full soak - snow foam - Gtechniq wash products (body, wheels & class) - wash-off and dry. Because of the coating there is no swirl marks or any requirement for polishing and looks a peach
Last edited by UKDucatiman on Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sport Nav 2.0 Auto Petrol 2WD. Deep Crystal Blue Mica with Half Stone Leather Interior.

zoylander

Post by zoylander »

Just as well that the dealer threw in the paint and interior treatments free of charge to sweeten the deal. They also gave me a large holdall full of car cleaning products which will last me for years.

I wash the car myself using rainwater and shampoo. The only time I would use a professional car wash would be after driving on salted roads.

The best protection for the bodywork is a garage, yet most of my neighbours leave their cars on the drive and fill their garages with bikes, freezers, lawnmowers etc. There they all were this morning, scraping the frost off their windscreens while I got the car out of the garage and drove away.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
GeeJam

Post by GeeJam »

zoylander wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:03 pm
The best protection for the bodywork is a garage - There they all were this morning [the neighbours], scraping the frost off their windscreens while I got the car out of the garage and drove away.
Zoylander. Wait until (one day perhaps) you invest in a quintessential English stone built cottage, in a beautiful English Village setting - where planning laws forbid you to build a garage due to it being a conservation area (or even fell a tree for that matter). They'll be a local pub, a duck pond, terrific neighbourly support and a village church that chimes every hour. Frankly, given the choice of having to park our CX-3 on the narrow lane outside in winter and chip the ice off the windscreen OR live on an urban housing estate just so I can have a garage, is, well, to be honest, a complete no-brainer!

Enjoy your garage.
CX-3 Sport Nav 2.0L Petrol. Manual. Soul Red & Half Stone interior. From new Sept 2015. South Lincolnshire UK.
GeeJam

Post by GeeJam »

Dave G, for you . . . . a link to a previous CX-3 thread on cleaning.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=916

Trust it helps.
CX-3 Sport Nav 2.0L Petrol. Manual. Soul Red & Half Stone interior. From new Sept 2015. South Lincolnshire UK.
GeeJam

Post by GeeJam »

Also, for everyone interested in cleaning, this thread on cleaning the filters will stop your windscreen from steaming up!

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=941
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

GeeJam wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:48 am
zoylander wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:03 pm
The best protection for the bodywork is a garage - There they all were this morning [the neighbours], scraping the frost off their windscreens while I got the car out of the garage and drove away.
Zoylander. Wait until (one day perhaps) you invest in a quintessential English stone built cottage, in a beautiful English Village setting - where planning laws forbid you to build a garage due to it being a conservation area (or even fell a tree for that matter). They'll be a local pub, a duck pond, terrific neighbourly support and a village church that chimes every hour. Frankly, given the choice of having to park our CX-3 on the narrow lane outside in winter and chip the ice off the windscreen OR live on an urban housing estate just so I can have a garage, is, well, to be honest, a complete no-brainer!

Enjoy your garage.
My comments were directed at those who have a garage but do not use it for it's intended purpose, not at those who have no garage.

I am fortunate enough to have the best of both worlds, a modern house in an historic English village with a pub, a church, two shops and a neighbourhood watch but no duck pond.

Yes I enjoy my dry lined double garage and my heated insulated workshop, especially at this time of year.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
GeeJam

Post by GeeJam »

Zoylander. We'd dream of having a heated insulated workshop. Luxury.

(Feel a bit of Python's Four Yorkshiremen sketch coming on here . . . .)

Good for you - and thanks for the reply.

PS There is, however, a downside to living near a village duck pond. Think grey long-tailed vermin with teeth!
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

UK Ducatiman, just read your post, totally agree with you one of my relatives had their car treated by the dealership, against my advice, six Months later no beading whatsoever.
Considering having my cx3 ceramic coated, but just stocked up with some fusso and a few Sonax products.
What did your detailer use on the black plastic ?,
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

GeeJam wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:22 am Zoylander. We'd dream of having a heated insulated workshop. Luxury.

(Feel a bit of Python's Four Yorkshiremen sketch coming on here . . . .)

Good for you - and thanks for the reply.

PS There is, however, a downside to living near a village duck pond. Think grey long-tailed vermin with teeth!

Not tourists, surely :D
SINCE FEB 2018 I NO LONGER OWN VEHICLE
CX-3 Sport Nav - 2.0L Petrol - 2017 - Manual - 2WD - Eternal Blue Metallic - Half Leather - 44.3mpg on a good day down hill with a strong wind behind 😎