Early Observations

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

Oh dear!!! ☺ Some people moan about their CX3s. Ours has simply been the best car we've ever owned!!! Well done Mazda!
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White

1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

tyrfelin wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:20 pm Oh dear!!! ☺ Some people moan about their CX3s. Ours has simply been the best car we've ever owned!!! Well done Mazda!

No one is moaning tyrfelin just pointing out things they like and which in their opinion could be improved on they're vehicles.
I for one agree about window switch lighting. I have to fiddle around each time trying to find the switch to fold in the door mirrors before putting the car in the garage at night. Some ambiant lighting would make all the difference. A bit short sighted on Mazdas part. That's not a moan just my own personal opinion.
SINCE FEB 2018 I NO LONGER OWN VEHICLE
CX-3 Sport Nav - 2.0L Petrol - 2017 - Manual - 2WD - Eternal Blue Metallic - Half Leather - 44.3mpg on a good day down hill with a strong wind behind 😎
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

tyrfelin wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:20 pm Oh dear!!! ☺ Some people moan about their CX3s. Ours has simply been the best car we've ever owned!!! Well done Mazda!
The door locking is something I assumed would be on the car as standard. The fact that and the sunroof are on overseas models as standard just pours salt on the wound so to speak.

It's like any time you buy a car, there are some things you forget to check or assume are standard like the door lock / window lighting etc
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

Like any car, and I have owned about 30 in over 50 years driving, the CX-3 has it's good and bad points. For me the good points outweigh the bad, but that is no reason to pretend that the car is perfect.
I rate the good and bad points as follows. Others may disagree, but after all this is a forum not a fan club.

GOOD POINTS.
A big low stressed normally aspirated petrol engine providing ample power with excellent economy.
A torque converter automatic transmission for smoothness and reliability.
A proper handbrake, not a silly electronic button.
Responsive steering and road holding.
It is a good looking car.

BAD POINTS.
An unforgiving ride which transmits excessive road shocks and road noise into the interior. Some other manufacturers have successfully combined good handling qualities with a quiet comfortable ride, but Mazda still has much to learn about coping with the UK's third world road surfaces.
A poor interior layout with vents set too low to provide fresh air at face level where it is most needed.
A multi-function touch screen which looks like an afterthought and cannot be folded down when not required.
A multi-function control located next to the handbrake (which is on the wrong side of the console for a RHD car despite the fact that the Japanese also drive on the left) which being out of the driver's sight can only be operated by feel.

The best car I ever owned was an Audi 100CD Avant, but that was long before the VAG group lost it's way and it's reputation for reliability with the emissions scandal.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

I agree about the gearbox. My last car was a VAG model with the DSG box. Although it worked well and gave no problems I prefer the old torque converter box of the Mazda. It still has the manual override and flappy paddles if so desired. If only I could prise it out of my wifes hands and drive it myself. Mind you having said that, at least I can have a beer or two.
Car sold - but still following Mazda.
Peter55

Post by Peter55 »

Handy Andy wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:25 pm I agree about the gearbox. My last car was a VAG model with the DSG box. Although it worked well and gave no problems I prefer the old torque converter box of the Mazda. It still has the manual override and flappy paddles if so desired. If only I could prise it out of my wifes hands and drive it myself. Mind you having said that, at least I can have a beer or two.
Absolutely no complaints about the Auto box in mine, but having had a S-Tronic Audi I would have another in a heartbeat
Great smooth changes (and Paddles, tho never used them) might have been the extra power that made it better

The only thing that puts me off VAG is the price, to get anywhere near the CX3 spec will add £10k at least on even a Q2
Sport Nav Petrol Auto Dynamic Blue
Armrest
Front Sensors
tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

Zoylander - Many cars have a fixed info screen such as the Audi Q2. I like it high up as in the CX3 where it is easy to read and the Sport Nav Headup Display is really useful too.
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White