Lane departure light

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Cheeky

Post by Cheeky »

Noticed recently that a couple of times the lane departure light has stayed on with the city breaking light. When I looked into the computer it recommends defrosting the windscreen.
The lights go out after a few miles, so just wondering what it is.
Only happened at night & frosty weather, if that helps.

GeeJam

Post by GeeJam »

Lane Departure Warning Systems are, in our opinion, designed to alert those totally inexperienced drivers who have either (i) fallen asleep at the wheel; (ii) are rubbish at driving in thick fog (or snow for that matter); (iii) are drunk, (iv) have such severe macula eye problems that they cannot see properly without visiting the hospital every six weeks or, (v) are driving a BMW or Mercedes in which the indicator stalks on the steering wheel are entirely cosmetic 'nice-to-have' unnecessary options.

If you've got a CX-3, then you're a good driver already. Feel the Force. End of story.

As a CX-3 owner, you are already fully aware that it's stupid to drive if you're actually half asleep. You also carefully accelerate in 3rd or 4th in snow (unlike BMW's or Merc's or . . . . Nissan Joke owners). More importantly, you can see properly to drive and never drive after 2 x G&T's.

Switch the goddam 'Lane Departure Warning' OFF and . . . . Just enjoy the CX-3 drive.

Amen.
CX-3 Sport Nav 2.0L Petrol. Manual. Soul Red & Half Stone interior. From new Sept 2015. South Lincolnshire UK.
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

Absolutely right, which is why I ordered a CX-3 without this silly gimmick.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

GeeJam wrote: ↑Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:44 pm Lane Departure Warning Systems are, in our opinion, designed to alert those totally inexperienced drivers who have either (i) fallen asleep at the wheel; (ii) are rubbish at driving in thick fog (or snow for that matter); (iii) are drunk, (iv) have such severe macula eye problems that they cannot see properly without visiting the hospital every six weeks or, (v) are driving a BMW or Mercedes in which the indicator stalks on the steering wheel are entirely cosmetic 'nice-to-have' unnecessary options.

If you've got a CX-3, then you're a good driver already. Feel the Force. End of story.

As a CX-3 owner, you are already fully aware that it's stupid to drive if you're actually half asleep. You also carefully accelerate in 3rd or 4th in snow (unlike BMW's or Merc's or . . . . Nissan Joke owners). More importantly, you can see properly to drive and never drive after 2 x G&T's.

Switch the goddam 'Lane Departure Warning' OFF and . . . . Just enjoy the CX-3 drive.

Amen.

:lol: πŸ‘
SINCE FEB 2018 I NO LONGER OWN VEHICLE
CX-3 Sport Nav - 2.0L Petrol - 2017 - Manual - 2WD - Eternal Blue Metallic - Half Leather - 44.3mpg on a good day down hill with a strong wind behind 😎
Mazdaman72

Post by Mazdaman72 »

Mines off already but the light on dash annoys me wish i could disable it completely.
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

That's a been bit harsh on BMW and Merc drivers Geejam they do use there indicators, round park cars where its not required, but there programmed not to work at junctions and roundabouts.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

It doesn't bother me and anyway to have to keep switching it off would be annoying.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Cheeky wrote: ↑Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:55 pm Noticed recently that a couple of times the lane departure light has stayed on with the city breaking light. When I looked into the computer it recommends defrosting the windscreen.
The lights go out after a few miles, so just wondering what it is.
Only happened at night & frosty weather, if that helps.
It's nothing to worry about, it's just a bit of condensation on the windscreen in front of the camera.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED