DOOR AUTO-LOCK FROM INSIDE

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
TAX

Post by TAX »

I'm not sure if this topic has been covered yet.

At the moment I am in Thailand.

Mazda has a much larger presence here than in the UK, and the CX-3 is extremely popular, there are lots to be seen on the roads here. Pricing is roughly similar to UK models.

I went into a dealership here to compare spec, and noticed that the cars here have a dedicated button on the drivers door to lock all doors, (maybe it can be autoset via the menus to lock, say 10 seconds after the car starts moving.)

My UK CX-3 does not have this feature, and there is no menu option to do lock all the doors from inside.

My question is, does locking the drivers door manually using the red button on the inside door handle after moving off also lock the other 3 doors and the hatch, and do locked doors unlock in the event of a collision or airbag release.

The handbook is somewhat confusing on the door locking features.

Thanks in advance for any answers.
SEPT 2017
CX3GT AUTO PETROL. CERAMIC METALLIC. 39 MPG
YORKSHIRE.

Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

The UK doors don't auto lock on drive off. A real pain as it's fitted to overseas models.

If you manually lock the driver's door then yes it locks the others.
TAX

Post by TAX »

Thanks rockposer.

Does anyone know if they automatically unlock in the event of a collision?
SEPT 2017
YORKSHIRE.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

The owner's manual says that the automatic 'Door unlock (control) system with collision detection' is on 'some models'.

Over on the USA forums last year, there was a suggestion that if the feature was installed there would be a configuration option on the infotainment screen, but that hasn't been confirmed.

You may want to raise the question with Mazda UK Customer Relations Centre and get them to confirm which, if any, UK models have the feature.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
TAX

Post by TAX »

Thanks jtonline.
SEPT 2017
YORKSHIRE.
hsdejong

Post by hsdejong »

TAX wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:22 am Does anyone know if they automatically unlock in the event of a collision?
I asked this question to my dealer, who in turn asked the question to Mazda Motor Nederland.
Mazda Motor Nederland replied that the doors in the current CX-3 models sold in The Netherlands will not automatically unlock after a collision.
  • Mazda CX-5 2023 Exclusive-Line (Black Comfort Pack) Petrol FWD Manual Soul Red Crystal Metallic
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

It always annoyed me that the UK models didn't have it and yet the American cars did.

It is strange sometimes how different manufacturers set up cars for different territories,

My wife has a BMW but no speed camera warnings because "the car is built in Germany where they're illegal"

Still nice to have auto locking again on my current car
tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

Get in, close the door and use the key button to lock the doors. Then start up (before the alarm kicks in).
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White