Am I jinxed?

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Having had the drivers window explode on me for no apparent reason (as reported in another post) I returned to my car a week ago to find that some kind soul had hit the back drivers side and removed much of the paint off of the bumper. I picked it up from repair yesterday and stopped on the way home to pick up some milk and was careful to park well away from anyone. When I returned some other kind soul had scraped the paint off of the front left wing and broken the plastic wing cover section.

I know that they say things come in threes and that’s three, but somehow I don’t think it is going to end there. It’s just a gut feeling but I am starting to regret my purchase.

Obviously no CCTV and no notes on the windscreen from either party. How can these low-lifes live with themselves.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish them both an early catastrophic transmission failure late at night on a mountain road in a force ten hurricane with no mobile signal.
Car sold - but still following Mazda.

Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

Bugger :-(
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

My previous car was similarly jinxed.

First it was hit while parked in a multi storey car park, causing damage to both near side doors. The offending low life must have have known what they had done but left no note, and needless to say the car park CCTV did not cover that area.

Then it was hit from behind on a motorway exit slip road while waiting to enter a roundabout. The other driver's insurers met the cost of repairs so I did not have to make a claim, but I did report the incident to my own insurers who did not increase my premium at the next renewal.

The car was still usable, and before it was called in for repair it was hit from behind again. No further damage was done, but I made the brainless youth sweat for a few weeks thinking that he was responsible.

I sold the car privately after taking delivery of my CX-3 and the new owner has enjoyed trouble free motoring ever since.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

I wonder if you owned your car longer than me before the incidents happened. Mine is just seven weeks old. At this rate there will be nothing left of it by the time it reaches three months.
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

That's awful, let's hope what goes round comes round, not that it helps you, hope your repairs are totally to your satisfaction.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

Oh dear Andy, sorry to hear this. You're not having much luck lately. What is he matter with people. No decency or standards any more.

What goes around come around.
SINCE FEB 2018 I NO LONGER OWN VEHICLE
CX-3 Sport Nav - 2.0L Petrol - 2017 - Manual - 2WD - Eternal Blue Metallic - Half Leather - 44.3mpg on a good day down hill with a strong wind behind 😎
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

DaveG wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:03 pm That's awful, let's hope what goes round comes round, not that it helps you, hope your repairs are totally to your satisfaction.
Repairs should not be a problem. My wife is the accountant at a body repair business, so it's "mates rates" and they know how OCD she is.
Gus

Post by Gus »

I won’t be asking you for your lottery numbers.......
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Handy Andy wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:17 pm ...Mine is just seven weeks old. At this rate there will be nothing left of it by the time it reaches three months.

OMG, you must be gutted. Have you made any enemies lately? :twisted:
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd