I'm actually impressed with the fuel economy on this mahine

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

I'm usually changing up later than it suggests and changing down earlier. The engine loves to rev and I love driving. I can switch off the MPG, but I wish I could switch off the gear change suggestions. I don't mind it telling me what gear I'm in, but I can make up my own mind when to change.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED

anchorman

Post by anchorman »

I’m afraid that needs to be backed up with tank to tank calculations. The trip computer bases it’s calculations on snap shots of recent driving so if for instance it starts just before a period of very light duty then it will pull the numbers up. It’s only after quite a long period they stabilise.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

i've slowly improved and am now averaging circa 50mpg. This is for a daily round trip commute of 120 miles, 50% motorway / 50% A & B roads with an average speed of approx 50 mph. All the 50's.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
Lachyboy

Post by Lachyboy »

New here . I have a 66 plate 18 month old 2 0l sport nav. My car drinks petrol. Just drove 4 miles and lost 13 miles on petrol .
So far i filled car up full . Reset trip meter and have driven 77 miles . I have 185 miles left before filling up again . Not flooring it and being carefull. I do a lot of town driving but tonight was non stop no traffic 30 to 40 mph !
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Lachyboy wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:09 pm New here . I have a 66 plate 18 month old 2 0l sport nav. My car drinks petrol. Just drove 4 miles and lost 13 miles on petrol .
So far i filled car up full . Reset trip meter and have driven 77 miles . I have 185 miles left before filling up again . Not flooring it and being carefull. I do a lot of town driving but tonight was non stop no traffic 30 to 40 mph !
Did you start with a cold engine.? The engine will run rich for the first few miles until it fully warmed up, a bit like when you need the choke out on old carburettor engine.

30-40 is not a particularly efficient speed.

The remaining range is calculated in the most recent consumption - what range did it predict when the tank was full?
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Mine has averaged about 39mpg in real world NOT what the screen shows which is 42 ish.

Most journeys are 7/8 miles one way with the odd 30/40 mile trip.

Impressed with MPG on longer journeys but so so on short journeys.

However for a 2.0litre can't complain.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

See my comment above re cold engine starts.
santa

Post by santa »

Speaking of fuel econmy, this is my mpg today:

I'm pretty happy with that 8-)

Ok, something whent wrong somewhere....I can't delete my two previous posts and it only shows one of my two pics....weird
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

santa wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:19 pm Ok, something whent wrong somewhere....I can't delete my two previous posts and it only shows one of my two pics....weird
I've found it easier to upload pics straight from my PC. ;)
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Photobucket is no longer free and they have now blocked all images which is what is showing.
I am on another forum and now use postimage which is free for now or as above load direct from PC