I'm actually impressed with the fuel economy on this mahine

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
bloodline

Post by bloodline »

IMG_2263.JPG

CX-3 Sport Nav Petrol Manual 120ps FWD Dynamic Blue, London England ;)

DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Blimey......that's interesting what type of roads and what speed were you mostly driving at, were you using your cruise control, I can't make my mind up if it benefits fuel economy or not.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
MartC

Post by MartC »

I have no idea how you achieve those figures?!? Mines normally around the 40mpg mark.
CX-3 Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol, Manual, Dynamic Blue
Gordongilchrist

Post by Gordongilchrist »

DaveG wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:54 pm Blimey......that's interesting what type of roads and what speed were you mostly driving at, were you using your cruise control, I can't make my mind up if it benefits fuel economy or not.
Curise control ruins mpg I'm my experience. Best keep steady throttle band let mph go up and down slightly depending on gradients. My overall average is about 46 in summer closer to 48 and in winter about 42
2017 Mazda CX-3 sport nav 2WD Automatic 120 petrol in white :)
bloodline

Post by bloodline »

I was trying to see how good the fuel economy could be, over the Christmas period while visiting family along the south west coast (and Isle of Wight).

I reset the meter and then drove the car for a week out of London (quite a bit of motorway, country lane and town driving), so other than the North Circular, no city driving. Total mileage was around 800.

I was careful not to do any hard acceleration, and used cruise control on the motorways (because my car is manual, I can put it in 6th and it is very economical).
CX-3 Sport Nav Petrol Manual 120ps FWD Dynamic Blue, London England ;)
ptirving

Post by ptirving »

Forgive my ignorance, I must have missed something....... had 65 plate Mazda 3 SELNav 2.0 petrol for 2 years and changed to CX3 2.0 auto GTSport last Oct but never seen the barcharts for historic mpg .....
How do you access them?
Thanks
Was GT Sport 2.0 Petrol Auto Meteor Grey 39mpg round the doors 46mpg on a run
Now 2019 Mazda 3 2.0 petrol auto Meteor Grey
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

On the infotainment screen choose the Applications icon then Fuel Economy Monitor. The Next Screen icon cycles between i-Stop Control Status, Fuel Consumption, and Effectiveness.

See pages 4-91 to 4-95 of the 2017 Owner's Manual. (4-88 to 4-92 of the 2016 Owner's Manual).
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Deleted User 155

Post by Deleted User 155 »

Nice mpg figure! - my best is 53.4mpg on Motorway and A roads - pretty good for a petrol 2.0L
RichR

Post by RichR »

Very good indeed. I'm getting around 43mpg , mainly driving in town with a short 6 mile commute at 50mph but have already noticed the positive difference a longer run at higher speeds makes.
Being a bit new to the CX-3 (and petrol, having driven diesels for quite a few years), do people find that the notification to change gears is worth following, or is it better to let the engine rev a bit more. I feel that in following the notification the gear changes are a bit too soon.
CX-3 Sport Nav+ 2.0 150ps AWD 2019 Arctic White
1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

I personally don't rely on the readout and change when I feel it is required.

How did we manage before digitisation.
SINCE FEB 2018 I NO LONGER OWN VEHICLE
CX-3 Sport Nav - 2.0L Petrol - 2017 - Manual - 2WD - Eternal Blue Metallic - Half Leather - 44.3mpg on a good day down hill with a strong wind behind 😎