OMG - those adaptive LED lights

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Habu

Post by Habu »

If you're thinking of going for the Sport Nav spend an extra £650 and add the Safety Pack. The adaptive LED lights are astonishing. The level of light and the focusing of the beams with the light array firing on and off is truly amazing to watch. Nighttime? Nah, its like daylight with these very clever lights. I'm impressed.
Sport Nav in Dynamic Blue Mica / Petrol Manual / Stone Leather / Safety Pack
CX-30 GT Sport Tech auto in Soul Red from January 2020.

Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

So am I. They are brilliant - excuse the pun !
Car sold - but still following Mazda.
TINO

Post by TINO »

I thought those lights are standard on the sport.???
About to order a new sport last one 2 years old !!!!
Been very happy with lights, wife's se headlights terrible.
So I can upgrade headlights too better???
The middle of the road is a dangerous place, you have to take sides. :)
Habu

Post by Habu »

Adaptive front LED lighting system is standard on the sport nav. These lights ‘bend ‘ with the road so to speak. The adaptive LED lights (only available as part of the safety pack) feature an array of LED lights that switch on and off to light different parts of the road depending on certain driving conditions. These are the lights that are dramatic.
Habu

Post by Habu »

HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

The auto full-beam is also fantastic (except for when temperatures are freezing when condensation/fogging causes them to temporarily malfunction until the windscreen is completely demisted/warmed up)
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
Fiata

Post by Fiata »

Habu wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:05 pm Adaptive front LED lighting system is standard on the sport nav. These lights ‘bend ‘ with the road so to speak. The adaptive LED lights (only available as part of the safety pack) feature an array of LED lights that switch on and off to light different parts of the road depending on certain driving conditions. These are the lights that are dramatic.
I'm a bit confused. Just to get this straight: There three types of headlights
- the old Halogen
- LED
- Adaptive LED lights with the array switching off and on

?
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Yes
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
Fiata

Post by Fiata »

anchorman wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:59 pmYes
And who will I know whether I get the ones with the array? The brochure says LED with adaptive front light system but the very same brochure has no mention of intelligent lights (as in switching off individual LEDs) and the internet isn't exactly helpful. Only useful bits of information I found was a Japanese video from July 2017 showing intelligent lights working in a CX-3 and a couple of Mazda Thailand advertising it (though very little substance in the commercials).

And the manual that I downloaded (yepp. Can't help myself. Waiting for that damn car to arrive I read through 800-ish pages of manual) mentions the tech adding more confusion to it given that the brochure doesn't say a bit about it.
Habu

Post by Habu »

If you don't have the Safety Pack then you don't have the adaptive LED lights. The Sport Nav does have LED bulbs as standard and has an adaptive lighting system (i.e. lights follow the road) but not the LED array unless you have the additional pack. The pack also includes blind spot monitor, rear cross traffic alert and a couple of other bits. Easiest way to check is to look at your door mirror glass. No blind spot symbol then no Safety Pack.

I would encourage everyone ordering a new Sport Nav to add the Safety Pack. Driving at night is now a joy and it's interesting having a car coming towards you and the CX-3 is still on high beam (blue light on) but the Mazda turns off certain lighting to avoid blinding the other driver. I've not been flashed at once. :)