Sat Nav

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Not sure if this has been covered before, the sat Nav has a easiest route this is a new one on me, what is the difference between this and the quickest route providing I have enabled motorway use.
An explaination would be appreciated.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019

Gus

Post by Gus »

the quickest route will take you the quickest way regardless of road changes, roads, tracks etc. The easiest route will take you the smoothest route, minimise the road changes and keep you on the main roads as much as possible but may be longer in terms of time or distance
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Thanks Gus, my Garmin didn't have easiest so always used quickest, think I will use the easiest in the Mazda, based on your info.
Gus

Post by Gus »

Easiest is my choice, certainly when in rural areas, in cornwall it tries to take you down single track roads in quickest and then you meet a car towing a caravan :D
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

That's exactly what my Garmin does in France when we are in the Dordogne, you become very good at knowing when to ignore it. 😀