Connect Services for "Online Traffic"

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

anchorman wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:36 pm I bought a Garmin satnav from Aldi for £99. It has lifetime maps and an astonishingly accurate lifetime traffic feature. I’m not a lover of it clipped to the air vent but it looks better than on the screen. It’s already more than justified the cost in time it’s saved. I’d pay say £20 subscription to Mazda but I refuse to be screwed by them.
I like my Garmin as well, keep it in the boot as back up. Had it on the air vent in my previouse car, but not suitable for the Mazda.
What type of mount do you use for the Mazda anchorman.

Its OK anchorman, I have just added this paragraph...... Realized you run a CX5 which have different vents.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019

st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

I've still got a Garmin unit, with live digital traffic updates, that I had on my previous car. There I used their beanbag type mount that fitted in the centre on top of the dashboard and was very stable indeed. The digital traffic was excellent. Unfortunately, with the CX-3 info screen and Sport Nav version HUD plastic display there's nowhere really suitable to put the beanbag. So I'm using the inbuilt sat nav with its traffic limitation :(
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Gus wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:19 pm The traffic info is poorly presented and tbh it is quite often plain wrong, having said that it has got better over the last 12 months, instance one - told me the M5 was shut and wanted to take me on a 80 mile detour - M5 was fine, instance two - told me the traffic lights where not working on the M25 :o it was the traffic lights on the bridge over the M25. The examples are over a year ago, I will try and get a screenshot for you over the next couple of days.
I do use it for relatively short journeys but if any greater than 50 miles I will get my TomTom working as a backup or use waze.
Fuel prices are quite useful though, if you purchase remember there are two Europe packages, you do not need the one that includes Russia if you have no plans of going there.
Thanks Gus, it is annoying as this is the first car I need to use my mobile for the connection. All other cars have been fully integrated. Bit of a cheek really as this was not made clear when buying the car. It would not have changed my decision but it would have been nice to know that the system is so backward.
Car sold - but still following Mazda.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

As I think I posted last year, if I'd known about the lack of even basic traffic information via the RDS system - and there was a Sport model in the line up without the NAV element - I'd have gone for that model and saved the exhorbitant price Mazda charge for effectively just a SD card to enable NAV.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016