Connect Services for "Online Traffic"

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

My 60 day freebie is coming to an end - not that it seems to be as good as Google. Before I start messing about removing the SD card and going through the Toolbox thingy anybody know how much it costs? I think it's a bit of a cheek having to pay to subscribe for what is at best half a service as you also have to use the plan data plan allowance on your phone as well to get the data. With EE there are so many dead zones in the South East I am having trouble justifying it at the moment - unless I can be persuaded.

All comments gratefully appreciated.

Andy.
Car sold - but still following Mazda.

1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

Don't know if this is of any help Andy. Scroll down for prices.

I personally won't be forking out when the time comes. I have a perfectly good portable 7" touch screen TomTom with free life time maps that will do me.

http://infotainment.mazdahandsfree.com/ ... uage=en-EU
SINCE FEB 2018 I NO LONGER OWN VEHICLE
CX-3 Sport Nav - 2.0L Petrol - 2017 - Manual - 2WD - Eternal Blue Metallic - Half Leather - 44.3mpg on a good day down hill with a strong wind behind 😎
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

I've never tried the Mazda Connected Services, but I know Gus has, and is not at all impressed with the accuracy of the, so called, Live Traffic service.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

I paid £84.50 (including credit card foreign exchange fee) for 3 years service back in October 17. The actual price you pay will depend on the exchange rate at the time as the service is sold in Euros.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

thanks all -decisions, decisions ????

Gus - if you read this, what don't you like about it?

Andy
Car sold - but still following Mazda.
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

I think it's too expensive and not the best information on screen.

I only did the trial and then went back to using the traffic that's part of the satnav app on my phone
Gus

Post by Gus »

The traffic info is poorly presented and tbh it is quite often plain wrong, having said that it has got better over the last 12 months, instance one - told me the M5 was shut and wanted to take me on a 80 mile detour - M5 was fine, instance two - told me the traffic lights where not working on the M25 :o it was the traffic lights on the bridge over the M25. The examples are over a year ago, I will try and get a screenshot for you over the next couple of days.
I do use it for relatively short journeys but if any greater than 50 miles I will get my TomTom working as a backup or use waze.
Fuel prices are quite useful though, if you purchase remember there are two Europe packages, you do not need the one that includes Russia if you have no plans of going there.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

I won't use it, I have a Garmin that keeps me up to date with traffic info and also gives me an accurate speed reading. I'm much happier with that than the Mazda offering. It's a shame really, I don't understand why they can't share information.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

I bought a Garmin satnav from Aldi for £99. It has lifetime maps and an astonishingly accurate lifetime traffic feature. I’m not a lover of it clipped to the air vent but it looks better than on the screen. It’s already more than justified the cost in time it’s saved. I’d pay say £20 subscription to Mazda but I refuse to be screwed by them.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
Gus

Post by Gus »

I don’t object to the fee if it is up to date and accurate, I do object to the fee and data costs and it is inaccurate and poorly presented. Personally I don’t understand why TMC is not available as this works well in the wife’s car and is presented in a understandable manner that doesn’t need interaction when mobile.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.