New changes for mid-2018 model

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
stonocean

Post by stonocean »

News!

Been to the car dealership in Sweden and ordered the new Mazda cx3 mid-2018.
No website has come out with the new changes to the Mazda cx3 and I don't know why.
1. Electronic handbrake
2. Standard or new center armrest.
3. Full leather seats.
4. Some color or design changes in the cabin (no specific info out)
5. Better sound isolation
6. Rumor (Led lights near cupholders)
7. Rumor (Android auto / Apple car support)

They will start to produce the new changes in the models from Mars 2018.
If you got any information or news about the new changes please add them here.

zoylander

Post by zoylander »

My initial reactions to the new changes are :

1. Whilst I deplore the loss of the conventional handbrake, an electronic one would permit the fitment of......
2. A properly designed centre armrest. The current accessory armrest is a badly designed afterthought.
3. I have full leather seats in my Rover P5B Coupe. I do not need them in my everyday car.
4. Design changes in the cabin will I hope include re-positioning the control knobs which will otherwise be obscured by the centre armrest.
5. Of all the changes, better sound insulation is the most needed. Ever since joining this forum I have complained about the excessive noise and vibration which enters the cabin on coarse road surfaces. It appears that Mazda have now acknowledged the problem and are doing something about it.

I have already decided that the CX-3 will be my first and last Mazda. It will take more than LED lights near the cup holders to persuade me otherwise.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
Gus

Post by Gus »

I think the Geneva motor show is the place for announcements - March? Don’t forget the rumour that it is to be built on the 3 chassis not the 2.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
stonocean

Post by stonocean »

One other thing. They jacked up the price too, I think around 1000$.
They start to be produced in March but mine will arrive around May they said.
May differ depending on the country.
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Mazda updated the cx3 in 2017, improved soundproofing, steering, and a few other minor features, really odd they are doing it again in 2018.
I have just researched on line and it is confusing, on a foreign web site they talk about the 2018 CX3, the upgrades they talk about are the same as introduced in the 2017 upgrade on the UK models. Confused.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
TAX

Post by TAX »

This is from a Canadian website.

https://toyotamazda.com/2019-mazda-cx-3/

2019 MAZDA CX-3 CHANGES, PRICE AND SPECS
Jack Doe Mazda

The 2019 Mazda CX-3 is a newly redesigned model produced by the popular Japanese carmaker. This vehicle is a sub-compact crossover SUV that is relatively new in the market, with the debut model being launched in 2016. The car’s main selling point is its agility and impressive handling that compliments its handsome sporty looks. In addition, the car has excellent fuel economy.

The CX-3’s interior has however been criticized for its congested cabin that has a limited cargo and seating space. Mazda aims to improve on these flaws in the upcoming 2019 Mazda CX-3. These minor deficiencies have nevertheless not discouraged buyers, with the vehicle ranking among the most marketable sub-compact crossover SUVs in 2017.

2019 MAZDA CX-3 – FEATURES AND DESIGN
The 2019 Mazda CX-3’s exterior shape will remain unchanged. It will still be a 5-door hatchback with a sunroof and wind deflector installed on the top. The car will come with alloy rims as a standard option, with the choice of either 16 or 18-inch wheels. The interior cabin has undergone further soundproofing to shut out exterior noises. It will accommodate up to 5 passengers, with the seats having leather and suede options. The front seats will have a center armrest, and the steering wheel is equipped with a heating function.

The infotainment package in this car comes with decent features that satisfy basic requirements for the occupants, and nothing more. The entire infotainment system can be controlled via a 7-inch touch screen installed on the dashboard. The car has USB and Bluetooth audio connectivity that are nowadays a standard feature in most cars. The 2019 Mazda CX-3, however, will include Android Auto and Apple CarPlay as added connectivity options which were not present in the previous model. Furthermore, it will also have dual-climate control to make it cozier.

Despite concerns about the legroom and cargo space of previous models, the new Mazda CX-3 has made no alterations to its interior setup. Occupants will still have to put up with the limited baggage space and restrictive legroom, especially in the back seats.

2019 MAZDA CX-3 – STARTING PRICE AND LAUNCH DATE
The starting price for the new Mazda CX-3 is quite reasonable. The base model is expected to come with a price tag of around $22,000. The launch date for this vehicle is however still a long way out and is bound to be sometime in mid-2019.
SEPT 2017
CX3GT AUTO PETROL. CERAMIC METALLIC. 39 MPG
YORKSHIRE.
1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

Not allot of change then where it really matters like cabin space and leg room, especially the back seat area. And if any of these changes ever reach the UK market remains to be seen.
SINCE FEB 2018 I NO LONGER OWN VEHICLE
CX-3 Sport Nav - 2.0L Petrol - 2017 - Manual - 2WD - Eternal Blue Metallic - Half Leather - 44.3mpg on a good day down hill with a strong wind behind 😎
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

I see from the pictures that the control knobs on the centre console have indeed been moved to a more convenient location.

The fascia fresh air vents also appear to have been re-positioned a little higher, so perhaps fresh air will now be available at face level where it is most needed. Is it possible that someone at Mazda has actually been listening to owner's views?
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
santa

Post by santa »

I see lighted window controls allround, which is nice compared to now and I'll like the addition of dual-zone climatecontrol.
But it's still 18 months away according to the website.
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.
Peter55

Post by Peter55 »

That will do me, Auto Handbrake and additional soundproofing will definitely keep me onboard in 2019, probably
Sport Nav Petrol Auto Dynamic Blue
Armrest
Front Sensors