New changes for mid-2018 model

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Peter55

Post by Peter55 »

From the picture it looks like the Center Screen is more integrated in the dashboard
Sport Nav Petrol Auto Dynamic Blue
Armrest
Front Sensors

anchorman

Post by anchorman »

It’s aCX-5
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

This was mine when it arrived at the dealer - 2016 model!!!

DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Well spotted anchorman, is it fake news :lol:
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

The news might be right but as is often the case, the picture is selected by some apprentice journalist.
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Anchorman what do you make of the changes stonoceon suggest will be in his 2018 car when there is no information available ?
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
Fiata

Post by Fiata »

anchorman wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:19 pm The news might be right but as is often the case, the picture is selected by some apprentice journalist.
The Canadian website is however clearly wrong. It threw a picture of the CX-5 interior (you even see the logo in the instrument cluster) into the mix to fuel speculations. Other than that, it didn't have much substance. It is even contradicting itself
The CX-3’s interior has however been criticized for its congested cabin that has a limited cargo and seating space. Mazda aims to improve on these flaws in the upcoming 2019 Mazda CX-3
[...]

Despite concerns about the legroom and cargo space of previous models, the new Mazda CX-3 has made no alterations to its interior setup. Occupants will still have to put up with the limited baggage space and restrictive legroom, especially in the back seats.
As far as a platform change is concerned, I suspect that this would happen once the current CX-3 is replaced. Doing so as a refresh seems rather odd. BTW: Apple Car and Android seems of the table anyway as Mazda will be using Toyota infotainments. It would surprise me if they poured any investment into the current one (unless they are at a stage where the cost to finalise it would be incremental).

Personally I'd expect a platform change once the next Mazda 3 is released along with the Skyactive-X engines. I'm curious how well the engine will work on a daily basis. Shame that Mazda didn't have the engine ready to go two years ago. In the midst of the dieselgate they probably could have sold a lot of Skyactive-X to people looking for a petrol engine with similar efficiency as a diesel.
stonocean

Post by stonocean »

They told me all Mazda car dealerships know about these changes for the mid-2018 but they want you
to buy their stock first before encouraging buyers to order the upgraded version still not made.
I was about to buy 2018 version, then I asked him if there would be any new changes to the car soon.

Most 2019 Mazda cx3 news on the net seems very fake to me.
I will keep you all updated If any new news from my car dealership will arrive.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

It is obviously all fake news. Not worth looking at any CX-3 suggestions for another 12 months. The 2017 facelift has already resulted in increased sales and Mazda have other cars to concentrate on. The CX-3 has been so successful that a change to the Mazda 3 platform would be foolish. They may of course consider importing the CX-4 and therefore open up a new market. Only time will tell.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

DaveG wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:49 pm Anchorman what do you make of the changes stonoceon suggest will be in his 2018 car when there is no information available ?
They’ll try to address a lot of the shortcomings but the earliest you’ll see them is at a half life refresh. There could be some truth in it but you could predict it too.