Infotainment system not playing DAB radio

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

I may be wrong and I'm sure somebody will correct me if I am. If it says 'TA Off' in means you press it to turn it off. If it says 'TA On' it means you press it to turn it on.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED

jtonline

Post by jtonline »

That's correct, they are Tooltips which tell you what will happen if you select that icon, not what it's currently set to.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

That’s a common error. If it says “TA Off”, it’s actually on!!!
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

Sounds a bit like cricket. When you go OUT to bat you are considered to be IN, and when your opponent gets you OUT you go back IN to the pavilion!

I will now go into the garage, press "TA Off" and let you know what happens tomorrow. I grew up driving cars with simple push buttons and rocker switches. Modern cars make me feel like an analogue relic trapped in a digital world, but this they call progress.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

zoylander wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:45 pm Sounds a bit like cricket. When you go OUT to bat you are considered to be IN, and when your opponent gets you OUT you go back IN to the pavilion!

I will now go into the garage, press "TA Off" and let you know what happens tomorrow. I grew up driving cars with simple push buttons and rocker switches. Modern cars make me feel like an analogue relic trapped in a digital world, but this they call progress.
You make me feel human.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

I took the car out yesterday evening (only a light dusting of snow here) listened to BBC Radio 3 and got no traffic announcements. Hopefully the problem has finally been solved, thanks to this forum.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
Carel

Post by Carel »

Hello TC1,

Refering to your initial post at this forum, I experience the very same issue on my 1 year old Mazda 2 DAB radio. Usually the DAB radio does not receive anything until I restart the car. It has been for service a couple time of because of this issue, some parts where replaced and the car received several firmware updates. But the problem remains the same. It is hard to investigate for the Mazda service engineers because DAB plays well after a restart usually. I have a feeling it has something to do with temperature, it is quite hot last week and the DAB radio does not play at all (even not after a restart). This would be a perfect moment to visit the Mazda garage once more.

But I wander, has Mazda service been able to solve your DAB radio and if so what was the solution?
tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

zoylander wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:09 pm I have a cheap and cheerful dashcam fitted, £30 from Lidl, but it does not affect the DAB radio reception in any way.
My problem with the infotainment system is the traffic announcements. Nothing, but nothing, I do will stop them. I turn them off on the touch screen and on the centre console control button, but still they come and at maximum volume. I know about the red background on the touch screen which should disappear, but it never does. I would not mind so much if the announcements were relevant to where I happened to be driving, but I even get them from Radio Wales!
When the next service is due I will be raising the matter with the dealer.
Glad you get Radio Wales DAB - we live in Wales and many areas have pathetic DAB and FM signals to be honest!!!
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

My DAB seems to cut out for about 5 seconds on the hour, every hour, when the "pips" are playing on Radio 2. Not really an issue, but this seems more like the signal than the car that is the problem.
Does anyone else get this?
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
Mazdaman72

Post by Mazdaman72 »

My Dab radio is pretty much useless here in Vale of Evesham is there a way of updating it, tried the post code and it should work.