What an absolute pleasure

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

I had to use the car last night on a mercy mission in the snow. The roads and lanes around me last night were a bit dodgy but I had to go out. My recent cars have all been turbo powered and even at low speeds can be quite interesting in the snow. Now or course as we all know the petrol models (I don’t know about the diesels) are normal aspirated engines and the oomph comes in much higher up the rev band but the torque is lower down.

Using the "flappy-paddles" on the auto box the car was very responsive and controllable.

What an absolute pleasure.
Car sold - but still following Mazda.

anchorman

Post by anchorman »

These little CX-3s have had a bit of stick on this forum lately and yes, there are things that they are working on to improve but they are very good compared to mainstream cars like Focus and Astra.

I’m really pleased you enjoyed yourself. It’s a pleasure to read your post.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

We Brits are always keen to moan but somehow forget to give praise when it is due.
Andy
Car sold - but still following Mazda.
BRY

Post by BRY »

I’ve had many cars and lots of different makes in my 57 years of motoring and the cx3 is as good as any of them I would say it’s the best
Cx-3 SE-L Navigation Auto petrol eternal blue 2019
Fiata

Post by Fiata »

Handy Andy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:40 am I had to use the car last night on a mercy mission in the snow. The roads and lanes around me last night were a bit dodgy but I had to go out. ...
In all my years of driving in the snow, I've come to the conclusion that it is the rubber that makes the main difference between not moving and having proper fun.
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

Driving mine in pretty tricky conditions yesterday and this morning I've been impressed.

Considering I've not got winter or all weather tyres, the car was able to get up roads and hills others were struggling on
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

How I wish I could be experiencing the snow in my beloved CX-3, but I've just entered the real Arctic Circle @ latitude 67 degrees without it.

My wife wanted to buy the Seat Ateca but I overruled her and she's now glad I did. The small niggles are insignificant compared to the joy I get from owing and driving it.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Used mine to go to work a couple of days ago, no problems on the roads even though the one nearest my office resembled an ice rink. Only snag I did have was getting out of the office car park that night - on a slope, not gritted and with an electronic gate you have to wait to open. Kicked a bit of the ice away in front of the front wheels, opened the gate manually and went for it - slipped a bit but made it. Otherwise it's been a little dream.
CX-3 Sport Nav+ 2.0 150ps AWD 2019 Arctic White
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Nobody has any problem driving here in Alta. Everyone has compulsory snow tyres. Maybe winter tyres should become the norm for us in Old Blighty from Nov to March.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.