Sat Nav history function

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
hsdejong

Post by hsdejong »

I bought my car in The Netherlands with 59.00.532A in March 2018.
Last edited by hsdejong on Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Mazda CX-5 2023 Exclusive-Line (Black Comfort Pack) Petrol FWD Manual Soul Red Crystal Metallic

ptirving

Post by ptirving »

Just booked it in for the new firmware for next Friday when the medics will let me drive again. Asked the tech which firmware issue was going in. 59 00 545A. Just been released, they told me about a week ago. 545 was in the USA back end of april so we'll assume the A is a small tweak. Again, we'll see what it does
Was GT Sport 2.0 Petrol Auto Meteor Grey 39mpg round the doors 46mpg on a run
Now 2019 Mazda 3 2.0 petrol auto Meteor Grey
ptirving

Post by ptirving »

FYI, just had first service. Mentioned satnav history function still wasnt working properly and also satnav wouldnt load up at first attempt so ignition off and try again and then all ok.. was advised there is another MZD firmware update out, meant to be on 6th Aug but not yet with them, numbered 70 00 21A IIRC. Anyone else heard about it and if what does it correct.
Dealer also may be swap head unit and associated bits to see if any improvement.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

The info. you've been given about the availability of 70.00.21A software is incorrect, it's been available on the Mazda server to download and install for a few weeks. It's the version that also enables the long awaited Apple Carplay and Android Auto. The delay has been with the accompanying hardware, that is now expected to be available in the UK next month.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

jtonline wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:08 pm The info. you've been given about the availability of 70.00.21A software is incorrect, it's been available on the Mazda server to download and install for a few weeks. It's the version that also enables the long awaited Apple Carplay and Android Auto. The delay has been with the accompanying hardware, that is now expected to be available in the UK next month.
There is some suggestion that once this had been downloaded onto the MZD that it will be easy to use Android Auto without any hardware updates that Mazda insist you pay them a fee around the £300 which has been suggested.The hardware update is needed for Apple Carplay.

I will wait and see if this is fact or fiction and what Mazda are going to charge.
steve67

Post by steve67 »

One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
ptirving

Post by ptirving »

Just an update for anyone interested.

Recently screen started flickering and losing touch screen capability , latter when stationary of course. rectified by engine off, wait and restart.
Dealer loaded newest 7000whatever software last Friday; no improvement at all, worse as it only retained 3 addresses of 15 at random in the 'special' top bit of the history; refused to keep anything in the general history.

Mazda have said dealer can order and fit a new CMU. Yeahy. If that doesn't work, think I'll duct tape my old satnav to the head unit... or trade it in for a Lada. (Starting to suffer from old age)
ptirving

Post by ptirving »

PS. They're gonna put a new CMU in and Mazda have told dealer to load the older 5900545 not 700021 software.
Possibly 700021 has Carplay/Android auto update but still that should only be in addition.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Good news. Fingers crossed for you. As I understand it, 70.xxx should only be installed if you also have the updated USB module fitted, which is why they have both OS versions available for download.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
ptirving

Post by ptirving »

So the new CMU is in with 5900545 reinstalled and it still records and/or omits addresses visited totally at random. Doesn't help my working day at all.
No idea where next, nor does the dealer other than back to Mazda UK. Anyone any idea what they might suggest?

Frustrating part is that my 65 plate Mazda 3 and an 18 pate courtesy 3 worked the sat nav history perfectly.

You'd think the software, CMU and head unit would be the same