Sat Nav history function

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
ptirving

Post by ptirving »

Does anyone have any experience of this function of the sat nav.? Since end of Dec 2017 , Ive had 2 new SD cards and technician playing with the system and subsequent promise that it will work.......it still only remembers about 10% of addresses that have been input. My previois Mazda 3 SELNavs unit picked everything up.
Was GT Sport 2.0 Petrol Auto Meteor Grey 39mpg round the doors 46mpg on a run
Now 2019 Mazda 3 2.0 petrol auto Meteor Grey

Greenman

Post by Greenman »

ive noticed the same - never figured out why only some destinations are remembered
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Are you saving the destinations to Favourites (Page 72 of the Navigation System Owner's Manual) rather than relying on the history of recent destinations? I've not checked but the history probably fills up and then starts replacing from the earliest entries.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
ptirving

Post by ptirving »

Had new SD card fitted, tech played with system..... to fix it?...?.. then cleared the history. Had about 30 places to call, input those addresses and at end of day, history had only recorded 3 at random. As I said, system on Mazda 3 SEL Nav recorded all in sequence and deleted the oldest in sequence .... no probs. Been wondering if Mazda have been installing old software on the GT Sports..... assuming the software is in the main hardware and not on the SD card
ptirving

Post by ptirving »

So after 4th visit to dealer plus phone calls, the whole query has gone to Mazda Uk then Mazda Europe,who have come back saying that there is a software update imminent for the cx3 systems, which use different hardware to the Mazda 3, which explains why my 65plate 3 and the dealer loan mazda 3 18 plate didnt have the problem of the history function not recording all addresses. We shall see.......
Interestingly, put several addresses in as waypoints, and the historyfunction works ok. It doesnt if you type in an address then drive to it then repeat etc
Further annoyance comes from lack of speed limits being shown for all estate roads and some minor roads, this since new sd card was put in😭😭
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

In my case, if any destination is worth keeping I'll add it to my favourites. So I've rarely, if ever, used the history feature.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
ptirving

Post by ptirving »

Any chance the favourites will store 400 addresses. I visit 40 addresses each week working on a ten week cycle.
ptirving

Post by ptirving »

3 weeks in from last contact with dealer, decided to ring Mazda UK and ask when software update relevant to the CX3 hardware will appear. Expect to hear back from them innext couple of days. Starting to feel somewhat disillusioned with the brand.....
Dear Mazda, just give me a whole new head unit, inmards and software that works!!!!
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

ptirving wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:15 pm Starting to feel somewhat disillusioned with the brand.....
Doesn't matter what brand you choose, there will *nearly always* be something that finally pi**e* you off enough to never buy them again
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
SoonerV8

Post by SoonerV8 »

Generally speaking the car is very good, but the Sat Nav is "pants"!!! How is it that a major vehicle manufacturer seem to accept the installation of such an inadequate system. Would they install a braking system which only did part of what it was advertised to do, or an ECU which threw a wobbly on Wednesdays??
Petrol Sport Nav AWD 2018 UK Midlands.