March Sat Nav Update

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

As "HouseSpider" said, I didn't have to remove the A pillar. The cable runs under the roof lining then around the top of the A pillar, it easily pushes behind the top edge then down behind the door rubber. There is a space behind the door rubber where the cable fits neatly and doesn't distort the rubber at all. At the base of the dashboard you can feed the wire behind the glovebox this is the only point where the cable is visible and it is only about one inch and not seen when the door is closed. Just open the glovebox and push in the two rear clips (one each side) and the complete glovebox comes out. Run the cable down the left hand side to the fusebox and connect up to the accessory fuse (5 or 6) - job done. Time from start to finish less than 20 minutes.
Car sold - but still following Mazda.

st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Handy Andy wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:15 am As "HouseSpider" said, I didn't have to remove the A pillar. The cable runs under the roof lining then around the top of the A pillar, it easily pushes behind the top edge then down behind the door rubber. There is a space behind the door rubber where the cable fits neatly and doesn't distort the rubber at all. At the base of the dashboard you can feed the wire behind the glovebox this is the only point where the cable is visible and it is only about one inch and not seen when the door is closed. Just open the glovebox and push in the two rear clips (one each side) and the complete glovebox comes out. Run the cable down the left hand side to the fusebox and connect up to the accessory fuse (5 or 6) - job done. Time from start to finish less than 20 minutes.
From your description, I've think I've run the cable on mine in the same way from the centre of the windscreen down to the base of the dashboard but I am a bit concerned that running the cable across the join of the trim of the A pillar and roof part might not be a good idea if either of the air bags were to deploy. So thinking I ought to try gently loosening off the A pillar trim so the cable can go completely behind it. Only thing really preventing me from doing it so far is the hassle of the damn retaining clips!
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

st3v3cx-3 wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:43 am
Handy Andy wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:15 am As "HouseSpider" said, I didn't have to remove the A pillar. The cable runs under the roof lining then around the top of the A pillar, it easily pushes behind the top edge then down behind the door rubber. There is a space behind the door rubber where the cable fits neatly and doesn't distort the rubber at all. At the base of the dashboard you can feed the wire behind the glovebox this is the only point where the cable is visible and it is only about one inch and not seen when the door is closed. Just open the glovebox and push in the two rear clips (one each side) and the complete glovebox comes out. Run the cable down the left hand side to the fusebox and connect up to the accessory fuse (5 or 6) - job done. Time from start to finish less than 20 minutes.
From your description, I've think I've run the cable on mine in the same way from the centre of the windscreen down to the base of the dashboard but I am a bit concerned that running the cable across the join of the trim of the A pillar and roof part might not be a good idea if either of the air bags were to deploy. So thinking I ought to try gently loosening off the A pillar trim so the cable can go completely behind it. Only thing really preventing me from doing it so far is the hassle of the damn retaining clips!
I was able to put my finger nails in the top of the A pillar and pop the cable behind it. It sits between the roof lining where it goes behind the A pillar trim and the trim itself, (right at the top) so if the trim does blow in case the airbag is deployed the cable won't be in the way.
Car sold - but still following Mazda.
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Gus wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:10 am
anchorman wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:07 am
Yes it does Andy. I’m using a Garmin satnav as a traffic monitor and while it works ok it’s a bit ugly stuck on the dash. I could never pair my phone with the MZD but I’m on a new contract and I’ve got a new motor coming this week so I’ll try it free first and see if it works. Gus doesn’t sound too impressed.
What, another new one...... what did you do with the old one or who stole it?
The 2016 got stolen out of my garage. The 2017 which replaced it is the subject of a political wrangle after a minor accident. You’ll have to call for that brew for the full story!
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
SoonerV8

Post by SoonerV8 »

I have just bought a new CX3, so I thought I'd enter a few of my usual addresses into the Sat Nav. Seemingly the house numbers didn't exist, so I updated, they still don't exist! So updates, not up to date and we are talking about roads and properties which are at least 15 years old!!!
I wonder who supplies their mapping data?
Petrol Sport Nav AWD 2018 UK Midlands.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

SoonerV8 wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:34 pm I have just bought a new CX3, so I thought I'd enter a few of my usual addresses into the Sat Nav. Seemingly the house numbers didn't exist, so I updated, they still don't exist! So updates, not up to date and we are talking about roads and properties which are at least 15 years old!!!
I wonder who supplies their mapping data?
Mazda sat nav map data is supplied by HERE Technologies, a company sold by Nokia who had acquired NAVTEQ a few years earlier. There is a website https://mapcreator.here.com/ where you can according to Mazda “point, click and report the changes. Your suggestions will then be verified by HERE and incorporated into future map updates.” Note HERE map data is also used by Garmin amongst others.

I have to admit when finding addresses I tend to stick whenever possible to inputting a post code and letting the system select an appropriate address which is usually the correct road – or the one I need is on the list given - and, although it may be a house number a little way away it is good enough to get me to my final destination ok.
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Got to say I haven't had any problems yet and better routing than my Garmin.
SoonerV8

Post by SoonerV8 »

Thanks, I've got that and if the routing is good to get close that's OK. But there are parts of the country where a post code covers a wide area. But I will try the link supplied to send in up-dates.
Petrol Sport Nav AWD 2018 UK Midlands.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

jtonline wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:09 pm
st3v3cx-3 wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:45 pm ...possibly get a dealer to update them.

Your dealer will do it for you; not everyone has access to a computer ;)
I was hoping that, but it didn't work out for me at my dealer today when I took the car in for the 2nd service and the 2nd air-con warranty fix. I was given the impression it would be done, only to be fobbed off when I collected the car that they couldn't do it and I needed an account set up with bank details etc. :x Plus some mention of £25 was made :shock: I can't believe they don't have some super override capability so to speak. Will be contacting Mazda UK Customer Services for their comments.
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Good luck with customer services as i have given up on them.Two phone calls and one email and still no welcome pack.Glad it wasn't something serious as not impressed with them.