Post by Peter55 »

Available now

Download and install 30 mins
Sport Nav Petrol Auto Dynamic Blue
Armrest
Front Sensors

st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

I no longer have a PC with Windows - got so fed up with recent Windows 10 upgrade failure problems I ditched the operating system for freebie Linux which runs so much more quickly and upgrades so easily. Just a shame the Toolbox isn't available for Linux. Will try to have maps updated when I take my car in for the 2nd annual service plus air-con control unit replacement next month.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

Once again it would of been nice if Mazda had emailed saying there's an update available..........
Boyle de Cabbage

Post by Boyle de Cabbage »

st3v3cx-3 wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:18 pm I no longer have a PC with Windows - got so fed up with recent Windows 10 upgrade failure problems I ditched the operating system for freebie Linux which runs so much more quickly and upgrades so easily. Just a shame the Toolbox isn't available for Linux. Will try to have maps updated when I take my car in for the 2nd annual service plus air-con control unit replacement next month.
I'm the same for me and have never looked back since ditching Windoze years ago. There are one or two intransigent companies who seem to think there are only two operating systems. A work around is to use VirtualBox to run Windoze in a sandbox on your Linux machine.

It is a bit of a pain to set up but a small footprint (50GB for me) runs sweetly when needed. The other alternative is a dual boot machine but I prefer Windoze running in a sandbox that can be returned to its original condition on closure.
Mazda paint is crap! Mazda should be ashamed of themselves!.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

I've been using a version of Linux OS on a small netbook for some years now and have been so impressed with the very small footprint, very fast boot time and general speed on a low CPU and small RAM unit. So ditching Windows 10 for Linux was never going to be a problem on my desktop purchased last year once the Windows 10 Falls Upate failure problems became the final straw.

It is interesting to note that on a stat I've seen, the 500 fastest supercomputers worldwide all use Linux. One day one can only hope that software developers will realise Linux is also gaining ground in the general user community. In the meantime I'll just iive with my Mazda provided maps being a little out of date till I can possibly get a dealer to update them.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

rockposer wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:49 am Once again it would of been nice if Mazda had emailed saying there's an update available..........
I guess one e-mail in 2 years is what's considered enough :(
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

st3v3cx-3 wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:45 pm ...possibly get a dealer to update them.

Your dealer will do it for you; not everyone has access to a computer ;)
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

jtonline wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:09 pm
st3v3cx-3 wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:45 pm ...possibly get a dealer to update them.

Your dealer will do it for you; not everyone has access to a computer ;)
There's a longer delay to book a dealer appointment in my area than it is for a doctor. Real shortage of dealers unfortunately, the two site dealership where I purchased my car and who went bust a month later has never been replaced in coming up for 2 years now :( I will play the "What's a computer" card when I call in for 2nd service now booked for late next month. ;)
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

st3v3cx-3 wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:47 pm
rockposer wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:49 am Once again it would of been nice if Mazda had emailed saying there's an update available..........
I guess one e-mail in 2 years is what's considered enough :(
Err yeah lol
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

I’m impressed.

From removing the card from the car, downloading, installing and putting card back in car - 14 minutes

Plus another 3 minutes to download a new version of the toolbox.