March Sat Nav Update

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Dunno Gus, 4th at the lights and I’d be considering finding a hotel ;-)

So not impressed then.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD

Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

anchorman wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:49 pm Anybody successfully subscribed to and using live traffic update?
Yes I bit the bullit yesterday after agonising for a while. Took out the 3 year subscription. Tried it today seemed OK up till now, alerted me to a delay on the A259. Providing I keep a realible mobile signal I am hopeful it will be OK. I had the freebie for the first sixty days and it used very little of my data allowance.
Hope this helps.
Andy.
Car sold - but still following Mazda.
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

I've had it since last November using my mobile as a wifi hotspot. Whilst it may be obvious to some of you, for the diversion info to work well, you have to set your route and if it is your usual route, make sure it is the one you're on - not so easy with the scale of the map shown on the infotainment screen. I'm not sure if you can save a route rather than just the destination.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Handy Andy wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:21 pm
anchorman wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:49 pm Anybody successfully subscribed to and using live traffic update?
Yes I bit the bullit yesterday after agonising for a while. Took out the 3 year subscription. Tried it today seemed OK up till now, alerted me to a delay on the A259. Providing I keep a realible mobile signal I am hopeful it will be OK. I had the freebie for the first sixty days and it used very little of my data allowance.
Hope this helps.
Andy.
Yes it does Andy. I’m using a Garmin satnav as a traffic monitor and while it works ok it’s a bit ugly stuck on the dash. I could never pair my phone with the MZD but I’m on a new contract and I’ve got a new motor coming this week so I’ll try it free first and see if it works. Gus doesn’t sound too impressed.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
Gus

Post by Gus »

anchorman wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:07 am
Yes it does Andy. I’m using a Garmin satnav as a traffic monitor and while it works ok it’s a bit ugly stuck on the dash. I could never pair my phone with the MZD but I’m on a new contract and I’ve got a new motor coming this week so I’ll try it free first and see if it works. Gus doesn’t sound too impressed.
What, another new one...... what did you do with the old one or who stole it?
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

I tried it as part of the free trial when I first bought the car.

Got to say I wasn't overly impressed and certainly didn't think it was value for money. I use my phone's satnav software for traffic info with my phone mounted on the dash with a Brodit active mount.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

If I was doing regular long journeys, especially on weekdays, I'd dig out my old Garmin sat nav with live digital traffic updates - assuming they still work of course - and stick it on the dash providing I could find a suitable place to position it. Might try it out on the next longish journey to see if the traffic updates are still working :)
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

It seems a shame not to give it a try. It looks like going backwards having to stick a Sat Nav on the dash when one is already fitted to the car. Personally I don't like trailing wires. Also hard wired my dash cam today and fitted the alloy foot rest cover. The foot rest took longer than the dash cam to do. 45 min for the foot rest, 2p min for the dash cam.
Happy chappy.
Car sold - but still following Mazda.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Handy Andy wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:33 pm It seems a shame not to give it a try. It looks like going backwards having to stick a Sat Nav on the dash when one is already fitted to the car. Personally I don't like trailing wires. Also hard wired my dash cam today and fitted the alloy foot rest cover. The foot rest took longer than the dash cam to do. 45 min for the foot rest, 2p min for the dash cam.
Happy chappy.
I only have a pay-as-you go phone with chargeable downloads, so it would be a double whammy getting that Mazda paid service after the 3 month trial. As I'm not going long distances on potentially badly traffic affected roads I can live without it. I see you've hard wired your dash cam. Did you route the cable down inside the A pillar frame and if so, how difficult was it removing the pillar cover?
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

You can poke the cable under the roof lining at the top of the windscreen (the only place I've found with bad finishing). Then push the cable under the black rubber trim down the A pillar. I've got the cable up under the footwell/ behind the glove box. But it is still fed from the 12v socket
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.