First service costs?

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Due first service in 4 weeks and online booking has given me 3 quotes.

Mazda Perrys Preston £185
Mazda Perrys Blackburn £155 (figure that out)
David Hayton Southport £140

Same service three different prices.

Preston is handy for me so i will ring next week and get them to price match the cheapest quote as per Mazda claims on it's website.

DaveG

Post by DaveG »

My first service was carried out yesterday down here in the South £180-75....I also had cheaper quotes but when questioned they said it depends if you have the 0/20 oil it was supplied in,or the 5/30 which is considerably cheaper, my local dealer uses the 0/20. at a horrendous £54-57

They also included updating the sat nav maps for me, and taking the glove box out to help identify a rattle. Which they did within the original service quote.

I appreciate you can use independent garages without invalidating the warranty provided they use original parts and save considerable money but later down the line you would less likely to be offered a goodwill gesture in the event of problems.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
stevenoliver

Post by stevenoliver »

Well, astonishing... Looks like my price is astronomically high... First service at £220...... at Pentraeth Automotive, Anglesey.... Not that I have much choice....
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

stevenoliver wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:53 pm Well, astonishing... Looks like my price is astronomically high... First service at £220...... at Pentraeth Automotive, Anglesey.... Not that I have much choice....
Blimy that is high have you tried asking for a discount yet.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
steve67

Post by steve67 »

i'm in Derby and the 3 dealer closest to me vary from £190 4 miles away ....down to £145 16 miles away....it not just mazda, my sons ibiza is due its first service, again prices vary even more from £114 locally to £190 16 miles away in notts. the mazda isn't due its first until may 2019 so time to shop around :)
Do Mazda still price match?
Has anyone been successful with a price match?
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
TAX

Post by TAX »

My 1st service was carried out late August at JCT 600 Mazda somewhere in Yorkshire.

It's a modern showroom with a clinical looking servicing area. The staff that interact with their customers out front are helpful and friendly in that typical British way that hides inefficiency, slowness and seem to have little understanding of the real meaning of how to deliver the kind of customer service that truly impresses and leaves less of a bad taste when the bill is presented.

They, and I dont just mean JCT600, but most dealerships here, could learn a lot from how things operate in the Far East, where I keep a Toyota and where the customer service and the facilities offered in the dealerships is second to none.

The cost of my 1st service was £171.98, incl VAT.

It consisted of an oil change, with oil at £48, a filter change, £10.62, a sump plug washer for £1.68 and some screenwash for £1.80.
The labour was £81.00.

They also sent me a video of the mechanic looking at the brakes and the exhaust as part of the "complimentary" health check.
The Mazda Connect system was also updated to 59.00.545A.
SEPT 2017
CX3GT AUTO PETROL. CERAMIC METALLIC. 39 MPG
YORKSHIRE.
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

Re that "typical british way"--- Reminds me of the time I popped into my dealership in august a month after buying my car-asking if they could sell me a litre or so of top up oil. The receptionist asked me to take a seat while "I just call parts". Mr Parts appeared a minute or three later to tell me to my face they don't stock oil and I could get it "down the High Street".
Told me tons.
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

I have rung Perry's Mazda Preston and asked them if they will price match Mazda Southport and they took my details and said they would ring back.
36 hours later still no phone call.
Also emailed them 24 hours ago and still no reply
Do these companies ever understand customer service.
I already have a negative view of Perry's before I even turn up providing I end up using them.
steve67

Post by steve67 »

I can not complain about Beechwood in Derby . Very easy to get on with . When we had our 2 they Collect the car from my place of work and return it within my working hrs so no hanging around in the showroom. It's only a mile down the rd... But it helps. So I will see when it comes to service time if they price match ...
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

£146 from Hendys in Tunbridge Wells.
Booked online, immediate reply with cost.
Faultless service and very friendly staff.
Video of under car health check.
Car sold - but still following Mazda.