Paint code

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

I need to touch in a small stone chip in the gunmetal colour section of the wheel. Mazda do not supply a paint code for this.
Has anyone done similar and found a reasonable colour match? Many thanks.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019

Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

It's not unusual. I had the same problem with Nissan with the dark alloys on my 370Z. No code available as the wheels were pre-painted by Rays before delivery to the factory. I ended up going to my local coachworks and they put some funky tech kit on the wheel to analyise it and mixed up a near match. The problem with painted and diamond cut alloys is that it is not a single paint coat process. its made up of different levels (and colours) of paint to get the final effect.
Car sold - but still following Mazda.
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Handy Andy wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:17 pm It's not unusual. I had the same problem with Nissan with the dark alloys on my 370Z. No code available as the wheels were pre-painted by Rays before delivery to the factory. I ended up going to my local coachworks and they put some funky tech kit on the wheel to analyise it and mixed up a near match. The problem with painted and diamond cut alloys is that it is not a single paint coat process. its made up of different levels (and colours) of paint to get the final effect.
Yes new there wouldn't be one before I checked with the dealer, the snowflake white on my CX3 is also a tri-cote paint, so there will issues when I have to touch up the inevitable chip, wasn't sure I wanted that colour over the flat white, but as it was in stock I got the paint upgrade free.
Cheers Andy.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019