Front parking sensors

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
mum@mazda

Post by mum@mazda »

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone out there has had the front parking sensors fitted to their cx-3s? If so, how do they work? Do they give just an audible tone, or does a picture come up on the display? I guess they'll be colour coded to match the paintwork? Do you think they're worth the cost? Any info would be great, cheers. :)
CX-3, Sport Nav, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather Aug 2015

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Had them on my last car and I started to get used to them to the point of it becoming a requirement for me now (even though I could park fine before!).

I personally think they're great.
davidrew

Post by davidrew »

We have ordered them and should be picking up the car next week so will post some pictures. We are told they just do a tone getting faster the closer you get to an obstacle and the rear still works the same but with the camera.

There are four sensors and the dealer is colour coding them to match the paint.
CX-3 Sport Nav Petrol 2.0 in Soul Red
mum@mazda

Post by mum@mazda »

Thanks for the responses guys :) I just know this is going to sound obvious, but can you turn them on and off? The thought of sitting in traffic with a constant beeping is making me nervous and I really don't want to drive everywhere with a supply of earplugs. Is there a way round this? :?
Silver19

Post by Silver19 »

Have the front parking sensors fitted to my CX-3 that I picked up to today, They certainly bleeping work that's for sure.

- There is no display just audible sound and switch to turn off and on.
- They turn on as soon as you turn on the ignition and orange LED on the switch will turn on and you get an audible beep to confirm the front parking sensors are on.
- When you drive above 20km/h they turn off, if you go below 15km/h or when the vehicle stops they turn on again.
- You can press the button to turn them off by holding the button until you get two audible beeps to confirm they are off and orange LED on the button will switch off. As far as I can see you cannot disable them totally as soon as you turn off and turn on the ignition they switch back on again.
- If the front sensors are off you press the button to turn them on and get one audible beep.

Scott
CX-3 | AWD |Sport Nav | Auto | Diesel | Crystal White | Half Stone Leather
mum@mazda

Post by mum@mazda »

Silver19 wrote:Have the front parking sensors fitted to my CX-3 that I picked up to today, They certainly bleeping work that's for sure.

- There is no display just audible sound and switch to turn off and on.
- They turn on as soon as you turn on the ignition and orange LED on the switch will turn on and you get an audible beep to confirm the front parking sensors are on.
- When you drive above 20km/h they turn off, if you go below 15km/h or when the vehicle stops they turn on again.
- You can press the button to turn them off by holding the button until you get two audible beeps to confirm they are off and orange LED on the button will switch off. As far as I can see you cannot disable them totally as soon as you turn off and turn on the ignition they switch back on again.
- If the front sensors are off you press the button to turn them on and get one audible beep.

Scott
Wow Scott - that was some detailed report!

On your information I am now seriously considering having front parking sensors fitted to my car.

Much appreciated and thanks again :D
Silver19

Post by Silver19 »

No problem, Also the front parking sensors make a different sound to rear ones so you can tell the difference.

Scott
CX-3 | AWD |Sport Nav | Auto | Diesel | Crystal White | Half Stone Leather
alex83

Post by alex83 »

If anyone can tell, how much are the sensors quoted?
mum@mazda

Post by mum@mazda »

Silver19 wrote:No problem, Also the front parking sensors make a different sound to rear ones so you can tell the difference.

Scott
Well, picked up RED today with his new front parking sensors and auto-folding door mirror kit. They work a treat. RESULT!

Thanks again for your comprehensive report :D
mum@mazda

Post by mum@mazda »

alex83 wrote:If anyone can tell, how much are the sensors quoted?
Hi

Got my front sensors fitted post delivery by Mazda for about £300.

Not cheap I know, but then again, neither is a front end replacement. Apparently it took them a lot longer to fit than they anticipated ..