Touch Up Paint Alloy Wheels

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Please be gentle with me as i am a new member but i do use other forums for some other hobbies that i have.

I have posted a picture of my new car in members gallery for those of you interested.

I have had my car only a week and thanks to reading this forum i have solved most of the problems i couldn't find in the handbook.

However i have two quick questions.

Firstly the auto locking function.Does this only work if the drivers door is the last one to be closed.I got out the other night and closed mine and the wife got out and shut the front passenger door after me and it didn't auto lock otherwise it has worked as it should.

Secondly mine is a Sport Nav with the gunmetal alloys which are going to attract an odd scuff,anything more then they will be refurbished or replaced.

However finding a paint match so far has proved difficult.I have looked at matt graphite/black etc but can anyone recommend a very close match for a minor scuff.

Thanks for any help.

DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Hi mjc1216, I asked the same question on Thursday, we have not had a response, like you I just want a reasonable match for a minor chip.
Looks like I will be paying my local motor factors a visit to see what I can find.
I will post if I find a reasonable match.
You can as Handy Andy posted visit a body shop and they can mix some up for you using a clever device that they scan the paint with to determine the colour, bit as he said it is a three stage paint process so in any event it will be a compromise, and more costly than one off the shelf.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

I think any chips need to be done ASAP as once water gets behind them the rot might set in!
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

AndyRen wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:48 pm I think any chips need to be done ASAP as once water gets behind them the rot might set in!
You correct, have touched mine in with black until I find a reasonable match,
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

DaveG wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:39 pm You correct, have touched mine in with black until I find a reasonable match,
Although I must admit that I'm not as paranoid as I was with the Golf wheels seeing as the Mazda Gunmetal 18" alloys are (only?) £145 ish to replace! Bargain...
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

AndyRen wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:56 pm
DaveG wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:39 pm You correct, have touched mine in with black until I find a reasonable match,
Although I must admit that I'm not as paranoid as I was with the Golf wheels seeing as the Mazda Gunmetal 18" alloys are (only?) £145 ish to replace! Bargain...
Yes I am also a bit paranoid, have got a full size alloy as a spair which I could swop over if it got the better of me :lol:
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

I could quite happily live with these on my car ..... no danger of the wheel or tyre clipping the kerb the way the tyres are further out than the wheel. Plus a bit higher profile for a better ride over all the damn potholes these days! The car went quite well on last Sunday's Top Gear :)

Dodge Demon.jpg

Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
AndyRen

Post by AndyRen »

Steve, be the first to get the CX-3's wheel arches rolled!😎