3 Yr Service Plan Cost.

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Peter55 wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:29 pm Mazda UK do offer a 3YR Plan. Unfortunately, it is not sold by all of their dealers so customers can be unaware they are being sold a dealer only plan with all the potential problems that can entail. Mazda UK Customer Services can advise if a dealer is selling one of the official plans which can be utilised across the UK at participating dealers

Hi mate

I had to purchase my car from a dealer 100 miles away due to availability, I wasn’t interested in their service plan for obvious reason and they advised me that Mazda did not have a National Plan
This was confirmed by my local dealer who also tried to sell me theirs
Frustrated I phoned Mazda UK who also confirmed that no such plan existed.

I now haggle but always go to my local guys who do a very good job at reasonable cost and when the time comes to replace I’ll more then likely buy from them
Provided the new CX3 is released in the next couple of years
Peter,

I have to disagree re the plan situation. From my numerous conversations with Mazda UK Customer Services back in 2016, I can clarify that this is a summary of my final correspondence :-

1. A company called Emac administer the Mazda service plan.

2. The service plan is a fully pre-paid service - the dealer will be able to see against the vehicle a service plan has been purchased.

3. If you are on the Mazda service plan you can have a service carried out at any participating Mazda dealer.

If you can find local guys who do a very good job at reasonable cost then that is excellent.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016

Peter55

Post by Peter55 »

st3v3cx-3 wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:48 pm
Peter55 wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:29 pm Mazda UK do offer a 3YR Plan. Unfortunately, it is not sold by all of their dealers so customers can be unaware they are being sold a dealer only plan with all the potential problems that can entail. Mazda UK Customer Services can advise if a dealer is selling one of the official plans which can be utilised across the UK at participating dealers

Hi mate

I had to purchase my car from a dealer 100 miles away due to availability, I wasn’t interested in their service plan for obvious reason and they advised me that Mazda did not have a National Plan
This was confirmed by my local dealer who also tried to sell me theirs
Frustrated I phoned Mazda UK who also confirmed that no such plan existed.

I now haggle but always go to my local guys who do a very good job at reasonable cost and when the time comes to replace I’ll more then likely buy from them
Provided the new CX3 is released in the next couple of years
Peter,

I have to disagree re the plan situation. From my numerous conversations with Mazda UK Customer Services back in 2016, I can clarify that this is a summary of my final correspondence :-

1. A company called Emac administer the Mazda service plan.

2. The service plan is a fully pre-paid service - the dealer will be able to see against the vehicle a service plan has been purchased.

3. If you are on the Mazda service plan you can have a service carried out at any participating Mazda dealer.

If you can find local guys who do a very good job at reasonable cost then that is excellent.
I know, I’ve had discussions on here in earlier posts regarding this, I can only pass on what Mazda told me, I was really keen to set up a Service Plan, but hit a brick wall
I was given a number to call EMac, but none of my local dealers participated in their schem, in fact very few dealers seem to

In hindsight I’m glad I didn’t sign up to a plan
Sport Nav Petrol Auto Dynamic Blue
Armrest
Front Sensors
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Peter55 wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:43 pm Don't do it 3 years is a long time and you don’t want to be tied to one dealer as I’m pretty sure Mazda haven’t a UK plan

In my experience when booking a service you can haggle or the dealer might be running a special offer
Mazda UK do offer a plan - I have one

You may need to ask.
Norwichnigel

Post by Norwichnigel »

Why bother with rip off main dealer plans
Mazda service records can be updated by your local garage by registering with Mazda
Legally as long as Mazda parts etc are used they HAVE to honour warranty claims
Why succumb to blackmail ? I usually end up paying a third of what main dealers ask.
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

I also use a local garage that i have been using for 20 plus years.As above all he has to prove is that he has used genuine mazda parts and is VAT registered.
The benefit for me is i know i am getting a great job not some apprentice let loose on my pride and joy.Some will say what about the software updates but i have found out when previously using a Mazda garage these weren't carried out routinely with the service and you had to ask for them.
As for a warranty claim most are for electrical problems which could not be disputed as a service would not have picked these faults up.
My first service will be less than half the price of Mazda and the second one about a third of the price.
Sorry but i won't be ripped off.
1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

MJC1216 wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:44 am I also use a local garage that i have been using for 20 plus years.As above all he has to prove is that he has used genuine mazda parts and is VAT registered.
The benefit for me is i know i am getting a great job not some apprentice let loose on my pride and joy.Some will say what about the software updates but i have found out when previously using a Mazda garage these weren't carried out routinely with the service and you had to ask for them.
As for a warranty claim most are for electrical problems which could not be disputed as a service would not have picked these faults up.
My first service will be less than half the price of Mazda and the second one about a third of the price.

I agree MJC1216.

The Mazda plan the OP mentions sounds a rip off to me too.
SINCE FEB 2018 I NO LONGER OWN VEHICLE
CX-3 Sport Nav - 2.0L Petrol - 2017 - Manual - 2WD - Eternal Blue Metallic - Half Leather - 44.3mpg on a good day down hill with a strong wind behind 😎
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

The fewer people that use the franchised network, the greater the chance the dealers lose money and go bust, followed by the manufacturer withdrawing from the market.

My local franchise dealer provides a far better service than the local grease monkeys, and I prefer to support the local franchised dealer.

We are all free to make our choices.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

MJC1216 wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:44 am My first service will be less than half the price of Mazda and the second one about a third of the price.
That’s quite a saving on your second service - given most dealers charge £250-£300 for year 2, does your local dealer replace all the same parts?
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Norwichnigel wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:51 am Why bother with rip off main dealer plans
Mazda service records can be updated by your local garage by registering with Mazda
Legally as long as Mazda parts etc are used they HAVE to honour warranty claims
Why succumb to blackmail ? I usually end up paying a third of what main dealers ask.
Rip off?
Blackmail?

I guess you have had a bad experience at your franchised dealer.
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Well, I typed a long reply....... and lost it due to a power cut!!! First one we've had for years!... Anyhoo....

I decided on Pay as you go, May 2019 is the end of the 3yr warranty so I'll use Mazda for that one, after I may/may not use a local service/tuning center (Sanspeed) or even - one of the head mechanics at our local Mazda is a personal friend of my youngest Son so I may ask him?

Thanks for the advice people.
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...