3 Yr Service Plan Cost.

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Now I have the CX-3 ( :D ) I asked for a 3 year service plan and was quoted £729.96!
This is a Mazda Bespoke Service Plan! What do people think... Expensive? This is SE London/NW Kent area.
Sales staff assures me this would be cheaper than paying 'on the day'?....

Includes *Ahem* 'free' MOT's with each service.
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...

Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Well the prices might have increased but I only paid £550 for 3 years servicing back in 2016

Don’t need an MoT in that time.....

Is your quote a dealer plan Z( ie tied to that dealer) or a Mazda Uk plan (ie you can then use any dealer)
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Greenman wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:24 pm Is your quote a dealer plan Z( ie tied to that dealer) or a Mazda Uk plan (ie you can then use any dealer)
It's a 'Mazda Bespoke Service Plan' so.....??
In another part of the quote it says > This Bourne Road Mazda Crayford service plan...... etc... < So might be dealer tied - although the dealer has been there for as long as I can remember.... But I think I'll phone and ask in the morning
£150 of the quote is probably the 3 x MOT's? (first due on the next service in 2019)
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

If it’s a new car, you don’t need the MoTs

If it is a used car, it will probably be a dealer plan, as the Mazda UK plan is only available on nw cars (afaik)
Peter55

Post by Peter55 »

Don't do it 3 years is a long time and you don’t want to be tied to one dealer as I’m pretty sure Mazda haven’t a UK plan

In my experience when booking a service you can haggle or the dealer might be running a special offer
Sport Nav Petrol Auto Dynamic Blue
Armrest
Front Sensors
AndyRen

Post by AndyRen »

Car is coming up 2 yrs old in May 2018, so at the first service in the plan (2019) it will be needing MOT's onwards. We do tend to keep our cars for more than 6/7 years but I think this quote is a bit excessive for what is mainly a few filter and oil changes (and 1x brake fluid change) - AND - for the last few years a local Motor Factors has been doing MOT's for £25.... Although that may change soon as the MOT is changing?
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

AndyRen wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:45 pm
Greenman wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:24 pm Is your quote a dealer plan Z( ie tied to that dealer) or a Mazda Uk plan (ie you can then use any dealer)
It's a 'Mazda Bespoke Service Plan' so.....??
In another part of the quote it says > This Bourne Road Mazda Crayford service plan...... etc... < So might be dealer tied - although the dealer has been there for as long as I can remember.... But I think I'll phone and ask in the morning
£150 of the quote is probably the 3 x MOT's? (first due on the next service in 2019)
Be wary of what a dealer tells you. I found out the hard way after purchasing what I was led to believe was a Mazda UK 3 Yr Plan only to find out it was a dealer plan - this became apparent only a month after I took delivery when the 2 site dealer went into receivership due to fraud. Fortunately after a few months of communicating with Mazda UK Customer Services, myself and many dozens of other of the dealer's customers in the same situation were transferred at no additional cost over to the Mazda UK 3Yr Plan.

Bear in mind with any dealer offered plan you are stuck with them for the 3 Yr period so if you move away from the area during that time, or you experience problems with their servicing standards, then you've got problems. Also were you to sell your car during the 3Yr period then any outstanding services on the dealer plan would only be of use to the new owner if they live in the same area.

If you have any queries re the plan offered by your dealer, I'd recommend you contact Mazda UK Customer Services as they have a list of dealershps who operate the Mazda UK 3Yr Plan that is advertised on the Mazda UK website.

p.s. I still find it odd that Mazda UK allow dealers to offer their own plans rather than insisting they can't offer customers a service plan unless it is the official Mazda UK wide one. That would solve all potential problems.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Peter55 wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:43 pm Don't do it 3 years is a long time and you don’t want to be tied to one dealer as I’m pretty sure Mazda haven’t a UK plan

In my experience when booking a service you can haggle or the dealer might be running a special offer
Peter,

Mazda UK do offer a 3YR Plan. Unfortunately, it is not sold by all of their dealers so customers can be unaware they are being sold a dealer only plan with all the potential problems that can entail. Mazda UK Customer Services can advise if a dealer is selling one of the official plans which can be utilised across the UK at participating dealers.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
AndyRen

Post by AndyRen »

Think I'll contact Mazda first then and see what they say............ Also I'll check their website etc.

Thanks for all your replies folks - and any more that may want to chip in?
Peter55

Post by Peter55 »

Mazda UK do offer a 3YR Plan. Unfortunately, it is not sold by all of their dealers so customers can be unaware they are being sold a dealer only plan with all the potential problems that can entail. Mazda UK Customer Services can advise if a dealer is selling one of the official plans which can be utilised across the UK at participating dealers

Hi mate

I had to purchase my car from a dealer 100 miles away due to availability, I wasn’t interested in their service plan for obvious reason and they advised me that Mazda did not have a National Plan
This was confirmed by my local dealer who also tried to sell me theirs
Frustrated I phoned Mazda UK who also confirmed that no such plan existed.

I now haggle but always go to my local guys who do a very good job at reasonable cost and when the time comes to replace I’ll more then likely buy from them
Provided the new CX3 is released in the next couple of years
Sport Nav Petrol Auto Dynamic Blue
Armrest
Front Sensors