Goodbye CX3!

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Good luck with your Astra DevonMan, I can understand your views on tyre noise and ride with the tiny/bumpy country lanes around your area of GB, perhaps if you had Toyo tyres fitted it may not have been such a problem? (Bridgestone's are well known for their noise!). The ride is a fair bit softer than my (ex) GTD (and waaaaay softer than a friends Honda Type S!) - In fact my wife has commented several times on how well it has handled local roads that the Golf crashed and banged over.... and her with her back and hip problems! The interior did not strike me or my wife as being any better/worse than other cars we've had, gearbox appears fine, although I find we have to push a tiny bit harder over from 3rd/4th 'slot' to the 5th/6th 'slot'. Engine very quiet but has to be pushed to get the most out of - as do most 16v normally aspirated engines - but is very willing.
So far as of 3 days ownership the niggles I've found are -
When wife and I swap driving the Heads-up display has to be adjusted every time - annoying! Although after a while we may find I can see top of display and she can see bottom without having to go through settings?
Does the car auto lock with the 'dead bolts' or do we have to blip the lock button twice when walking away??

When we viewed the car I was well aware of the findings of this forum - and the motoring press - of ride quality etc, but hadn't mentioned it to wifey as I didn't want to prejudice her in any way and I would only go ahead will the sale with her agreement (not so the Golf - I'd virtually bought it before seeing it!) she loved it...

Everyone is different and entitled to their own views and opinions ;)

Once again, good luck with your purchase. :)
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...

Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Everyone to their own I guess. Some people like to ride around in a luxurious armchair while others enjoy the full 'driving' experience.
For me I love the Jinba Ittai concept where you feel part of the car and understand what it's doing.
Obviously having an MX5 wind and road noise doesn't present an issue and the 'notchy' gearbox is part of the original inherent design to make you feel what is going on.
Maybe one day I will get fed up with it and long for a self driving armchair, but until then I will take my pleasures where I find them.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

I considered an Astra before buying the CX3 I noted that most of the reviews scored them the same, although top gear scored the Mazda higher,
But it must be said of course it is just one mans opinion I did a two hour test drive in a Astra and Mokka all got there good points, but for me the Cx3,
and it wasn't because it was the only one still to have a CD player !!!! :lol:
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
Gordongilchrist

Post by Gordongilchrist »

tyrfelin wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:27 am Totally disagree about interior quality - Sport Nav outshines some friends' cars (Mercs BMWs). I used to have a Renault Captur (by the way the new Captur looks tired and old) but I didn't hang around on their forum to moan and groan after I changed to the CX3. Hope Vauxhall have sorted their fire issues now!
Lol just what I thought. Choosing a vauxhall over a mazda says a lot.
2017 Mazda CX-3 sport nav 2WD Automatic 120 petrol in white :)
Habu

Post by Habu »

I think the quality on my wife’s 2017 Sport Nav is excellent. Good quality plastics and all those (5!) different trims on the doors cards are top notch. Switchgear looks and feel good. Gearbox and steering feel is superb. There’s little road noise too, even at speed, with the Toyo Proxes R40 tyres. Overall, a great little package.

If only the sat nav didn’t look so dark and bland.
Sport Nav in Dynamic Blue Mica / Petrol Manual / Stone Leather / Safety Pack
CX-30 GT Sport Tech auto in Soul Red from January 2020.
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

I agree with the Sat Nav. A slimmer bezel would look so much better. It reminds me of the early flat screen TV's, now you have edge to edge screens.
Car sold - but still following Mazda.
tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

Similar to Audi though. Better position than many other SatNav screens and if course head up display echoes the directions on the screen (icing on the cake) 🎂
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White
Cx3puzzles

Post by Cx3puzzles »

4 months 2019 Sky nav
Want to get shot of it … M way noise awful, Bose system sounds lo rent, heater aircon impossible to get it right , too warm, turn dial one mm and get blast of cold air.
Can’t turn off radio or info screen , I need a proper speedo not a rev counter and numbers . Level adjusting headlamps keep dipping lower for no reason . Rubbish gear change , poor rear visibility. No illumination on window controls , urgh
Stagman

Post by Stagman »

I bought my 65 reg Sport Nav auto with 36000 miles 4 years ago. Put 40000 miles on it and traded it in and lost £4K. Absolutely no problems and the only replacements were tyres and brake pads. Lovely car and I had none of the above problems, yes noise over concrete motorways was a bit noisy. Revised on later models , I believe. It converted me to Mazdas, so the only replacement was a CX30 which I also love.
Shame this excellent forum does not cover it, most seem to major on the USA market and are more interested in tinting windows and lowering the suspension.
Thank you for the interesting posts on here.
John
Dec 2015 Meteor Grey, Sport nav petrol auto.
Totnes
Devon
PerKato

Post by PerKato »

Strange....