CarPlay finally

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Boyle de Cabbage

Post by Boyle de Cabbage »

Myth. The 70.xxx software checks for the presence of two usb connections (The new hardware uses two USB wires to the MZD Connect unit.)

You can use Mazdatweaks.com to run a tweaked AA as I do. I see little point in upgrading.

The USB hub and connectors, without fitting, are available for around £190.
Mazda paint is crap! Mazda should be ashamed of themselves!.

Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Thanks for confirming that.
Boyle de Cabbage

Post by Boyle de Cabbage »

MJC1216 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:27 pm This could get interesting because I believe Android Auto will work with just the latest download NOT Car Play but I am waiting for someone to either confirm this or debunk it as a myth.
And further, Mazda say that firmware versions 70.xxx are for cars with AA/CarPlay and 59.xxx is the latest for all others cars.
Mazda paint is crap! Mazda should be ashamed of themselves!.
steve67

Post by steve67 »

Boyle de Cabbage wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:52 pm Myth. The 70.xxx software checks for the presence of two usb connections (The new hardware uses two USB wires to the MZD Connect unit.)

You can use Mazdatweaks.com to run a tweaked AA as I do. I see little point in upgrading.

The USB hub and connectors, without fitting, are available for around £190.
Hi,
is the tweaked AA stable?
:?:
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
Habu

Post by Habu »

Has anyone had the retrofit done yet? I'd be interested to know what the dealer has to do to enable AA and CarPlay.
Sport Nav in Dynamic Blue Mica / Petrol Manual / Stone Leather / Safety Pack
CX-30 GT Sport Tech auto in Soul Red from January 2020.
igloo_si

Post by igloo_si »

only reason i'd move3 to official AA is if wireless connection is more seamless than Mazda tweak's version. otherwise i'm happy with current wired solution
Petrol Ceramic White SE-L 03/16 CX3
eastyblade

Post by eastyblade »

hi all
ive got mine booked in for 17th sept £350.00 at burrows in Sheffield so ill let u know what its like …..
2018 BLACK CX3 2.0L PETROL SPORT NAV AWD
Dickieblack

Post by Dickieblack »

Hi does anyone know if CarPlay update will resolve the iPhone Wi-Fi connection issues? I have a 2017 that will just not connect to the Wi-Fi hotspot on my phone and I am hoping that CarPlay will get past that since it will use a wired connection to the device? Thanks, Richard
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

eastyblade wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:39 pm hi all
ive got mine booked in for 17th sept £350.00 at burrows in Sheffield so ill let u know what its like …..
I am looking at updating so i can use Waze at the default option for Sat Nav BUT not sure i will lose heads up navigation display so will be interested in any views when done.
eastyblade

Post by eastyblade »

hi
ill let you know but I doubt waze will be on hud , ive got an android phone so will be using AA but gf has a iPhone so I can test them both ..
2018 BLACK CX3 2.0L PETROL SPORT NAV AWD