What updates for the New 2019 CX3 would you like.

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
switchback

Post by switchback »

zoylander wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:48 pm
In over 50 years driving I have had two accidents, and in both cases my car was hit from behind whilst in stationary traffic. I do not want to be a victim a third time, so when I see a red light or other obstruction ahead I slow down gradually, forcing the drivers behind me to do the same. Once stationary I keep my foot on the brake pedal until I can move away.
Surely once the vehicle behind you has stopped then you can safely take your foot off the brake and not cause the driver behind to be dazzled.
2018 CX3+ Sport Nav 120 Petrol Manual. Machine Grey.

Strangways

Post by Strangways »

switchback wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:58 pm
In over 50 years driving I have had two accidents, and in both cases my car was hit from behind whilst in stationary traffic. I do not want to be a victim a third time, so when I see a red light or other obstruction ahead I slow down gradually, forcing the drivers behind me to do the same. Once stationary I keep my foot on the brake pedal until I can move away.
Surely once the vehicle behind you has stopped then you can safely take your foot off the brake and not cause the driver behind to be dazzled.
Agree and that's what it says in the Highway Code.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

switchback wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:58 pm
Ex Driving Instructor speaking..,...it would be a test failure.

Highway code regulation......Highway Code lighting requirements regulation 114.....In stationary queues of traffic, drivers should apply the handbrake
once the following traffic has stopped, take their foot of the footbrake to deactivate the vehicle braking lights. This will minimise glare to road users behind until the traffic moves again....LAW RVLR reg 27

Hope that is not to controversial...... But you are correct switcback
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
Andres746

Post by Andres746 »

Surely this regulation is effectively outdated now with the advent of stop-start. If we’re expected to use this technology, the only way possible is by keeping your foot on the brake until you lift off to restart the car.
CX3 SEL 2.0 Petrol 2wd Auto
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

That is a very good point, but it only relates to automatic cars because on manuals the stop start is activated by the clutch of course.

I am collecting my auto CX3 next Month and your point had crossed my mind, so maybe I will use the footbrake and stop start if there are no cars behind and handbrake at others more so in the dark.
Last edited by DaveG on Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

DaveG wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:01 pm That is a very good point, but it only relates to automatic cars because on manuals the stop start is activated by the clutch of course.

I am collecting my auto CX3 next Month and your point had crossed my mind, so maybe I will use the handbrake if there or no cars behind especially at night and stop start at other times. :?:
The stop/start feature also works when the auto hold (parking brake) is on, so they will work together. It does not have to be one or the other.
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Strangways I was wondering if the brake lights are also on with auto hold, if not then there really isn't a issue. I have yet to drive a car with auto hold,
so a question...if you are in auto hold with obviously the footbrake released how do you re start the engine, silly question I know :lol:
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

No question is silly if you don't know the answer. When you stop and press harder on the brake pedal the auto hold parking brake engages, You can then take your foot off the brake and the brake lights go out. If the istop has activated the engine will start when you press the accelerator and the auto hold will disengage.
Chas

Post by Chas »

More power, getting left behind compared to others.
More positive detents on the heater controls.
Brighter boot and interior lighting.
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Strangways wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:35 pm No question is silly if you don't know the answer. When you stop and press harder on the brake pedal the auto hold parking brake engages, You can then take your foot off the brake and the brake lights go out. If the istop has activated the engine will start when you press the accelerator and the auto hold will disengage.
Thank you sounds ideal, a lot to get used to then when you swop to a auto box