What updates for the New 2019 CX3 would you like.

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Beachman

Post by Beachman »

fully adjustable passenger seat
built in dash cam, so you keep windsreen clear
Se-l nav auto dynamic blue petrol

Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Low screen wash warning light. Seems strange with all the safety features already fitted this is a daft omission.
Car sold - but still following Mazda.
Bobc

Post by Bobc »

My CX-3 is still very new to me, so I am pleased with almost everything so far.
Having just fitted my dash cam, I fully agree with the idea of a built in one. The large blank area behind the mirror, which seems to be full of camera, radar, rain sensor etc. must have space for a dash cam, and it stops you putting the stand-alone camera behind the mirror where it fitted nicely in the last car. At least I was able to tuck the cable out of the way behind the trim and behind the glove box though.
Other than that, a few more cubby holes, for all the 'stuff' I seem to need to carry, would keep things tidy (and keep wife happy).
The idea of better illumination for some of the switches also seems sensible.
And I hope to be able to fit Michelin Cross Climate tyres when the time comes, if they make the right size by then.

Must go for a drive now to see if anything else occurs to me.

Bob.
CX-3 Sport Nav, May 2017, 1.5d, manual , AWD, jet black pearl.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Ignoring the items that I think have already been announced for the CX-3 update, mine in no particular order would be :-

- Upgrade the 2 litre petrol engined 2wd version Sport Nav auto to 150bhp as already fitted to the 4wd version manual (MX-5 has a 165bhp version of 2wd)
- Offer an auto option on the Sport Nav petrol 4wd
- Altering the rear part of the rear door so it isn't part of the edge of the wheelarch and collecting dirt etc.!
- Mirrors turning down when reverse gear is selected
- Australian version of the rear view camera display lines
- Location of the bank of ancillary switches for iStop etc moved so more easily seen outside the steering wheel
- Location of Start / Stop button to be moved so visible outside the steering wheel rim
- Harder / thicker paint
- Digital climate control temperature dial on the Sport Nav model
- Adjustable extendable seat squab on the Sport Nav model (like Recaro and other sports seats provide)
- Non-diamond cut wheel option on the Sport Nav model

In addition, re accessories :-

- Front parking sensors accessory location to mirror those of back location i.e. outside pair to be pointed more forwards than sidewards
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
Peter55

Post by Peter55 »

Peter55 wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:15 pm Auto Handbrake
Digital Heater/AirCon climate control
Proper Armrest
Harder Paint, got tiny scratches everywhere
Quieter Tyres

Apart from that we love it and will probably have another
Forgot drive away auto locking
Sport Nav Petrol Auto Dynamic Blue
Armrest
Front Sensors
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Peter55 wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:15 pm Auto Handbrake
Digital Heater/AirCon climate control
Proper Armrest
Harder Paint, got tiny scratches everywhere
Quieter Tyres

Apart from that we love it and will probably have another
Being a nerd I investigated the soft paint issue, ultimate finish produced a list of manufacturers and the relevant paint hardness and the technical reasons for this, basically it is a trade off between hardness and gloss, paint mix etc. Yes unfortunately Mazda and the Japanese tended to be soft, the hardest being the German brands.
So we have to take care when we clean our Mazda's to avoid micro scratching and paint marring, which of course are much more evident on dark colours......its OK you can stop yawning now I've finished :lol:
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

DaveG wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:24 pm So we have to take care when we clean our Mazda's to avoid micro scratching and paint marring, which of course are much more evident on dark colours......its OK you can stop yawning now I've finished :lol:

Hence this...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1 ;)
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

I believe some of the wishes are already being included on the 2019 model, which is good news.

The 2019 model has more comfortable seats, just what I wanted.
It has 148 BHP as standard, just what it needed.
It has more sound reduction which a few people requested and
It has an electronic brake.

So at least some of the wishes are coming true.
The more comfortable seats and the extra power were always my wishes, but the most annoying thing to me is the ridiculous temperature controls that reset themselves when temperatures get down to 10 deg. I'm always getting overheated when the outside temperature starts to drop.
The other suggestion that I really like, and would be a plus for any manufacturer, is an inbuilt Dash-cam. It is not an expensive item anymore so it wouldn't cost a lot to include it.

Forgot to say that I have a Diamond Brite coating on my MX5 and that appears to protect the paint exceptionally well. Maybe worth considering on your next new purchase.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

I have now decided after looking at my original list the most annoying feature on this car is no ON or OFF button for the radio just Mute.
Who in the right mind thought that was a good idea.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

LOL. Why do you want an off button?
The radio is just one part of the infotainment system, which only powers down when you turn the ignition off.
If you want an almost blank screen with no sound, you can just mute the radio and say "Display clock".
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd