What updates for the New 2019 CX3 would you like.

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Mazzy

Post by Mazzy »

The infotainment screen is so ugly; it realy should fold/slide out of the way when not in use or required.
I see it has received good reviews with much talk about the interior, but alas the big ugly screen remains a permanent fixture
https://inews.co.uk/essentials/lifestyl ... -3-review/
2015 soul red CX3, sport nav auto petrol

Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Mazzy wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:16 am The infotainment screen is so ugly; it realy should fold/slide out of the way when not in use or required.
I see it has received good reviews with much talk about the interior, but alas the big ugly screen remains a permanent fixture
https://inews.co.uk/essentials/lifestyl ... -3-review/
That's an interesting article, but I'm not sure that it contains very accurate facts. Certainly the sales figures of 60,000 (which it indicates is UK based) is inaccurate. Official published figures show that they sold just under 54,000 in Europe during 2017. It is still a good amount, but nowhere near that stated in the article.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

I would like to see firmer steering and progressive brakes like my MX5 and my old Alpha.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Having just purchased a new CX-3 Automatic I have to say that nearly all the changes that Mazda have made are a fantastic improvement. Even the electronic parking brake (which I said I would never have). I was like many members here that said it would be deal breaker. Having decided to go for an auto I cannot imagine it without the electronic parking brake. It makes life so easy, I have never actually had to touch the brake switch. There is a button behind the switch that you press when you have started the engine and from then on the brake is actuated by the pressure on the foot brake and released by the accelerator. SIMPLES! The new suspension softens the harsh bumps and the steering has got a little more weight on it.
The auto gearbox is amazing, just flick the paddles while in drive mode and you are now in manual control. Just pull the + paddle and go back to drive. The only thing I'm not keen on is the auto dim mirror without a switch to disengage it, but I can live with that. Well done Mazda.
steve iow

Post by steve iow »

Some ambient lighting,as said before cabin to dark at night,+ automatic locks when driving.lights on sun visors mirror.
steve iow
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Strangways wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:50 pm Having just purchased a new CX-3 Automatic I have to say that nearly all the changes that Mazda have made are a fantastic improvement. Even the electronic parking brake (which I said I would never have). I was like many members here that said it would be deal breaker. Having decided to go for an auto I cannot imagine it without the electronic parking brake. It makes life so easy, I have never actually had to touch the brake switch. There is a button behind the switch that you press when you have started the engine and from then on the brake is actuated by the pressure on the foot brake and released by the accelerator. SIMPLES! The new suspension softens the harsh bumps and the steering has got a little more weight on it.
The auto gearbox is amazing, just flick the paddles while in drive mode and you are now in manual control. Just pull the + paddle and go back to drive. The only thing I'm not keen on is the auto dim mirror without a switch to disengage it, but I can live with that. Well done Mazda.
When I went to Asda on Saturday there was a near grid lock in the surrounding roads due to a car having broken down in the entrance road. On approaching to offer my assistance to push it out the way I was told it had an electric handbrake which couldn't be switched off - therefore it couldn't be rolled out the way. Eventually the AA arrived, managed to disengage it and remove it.
Are there any instructions which comes with the car describing what to do in such a circumstsance?
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
switchback

Post by switchback »

Strangways wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:50 pm There is a button behind the switch that you press when you have started the engine and from then on the brake is actuated by the pressure on the foot brake and released by the accelerator.
Auto Hold............It takes some getting used to but I use it all the time now. Just dab the brake when you stop and it holds you without blinding the drivers behind with your brake lights. It is activated by the ABS system according to our local Mazda technician.
2018 CX3+ Sport Nav 120 Petrol Manual. Machine Grey.
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

Auto Hold that by default is Auto Initiated and not reliant on the driver turning it on every time, it should be the other way around that the driver turns it off if not required IMO
2019 CX-3, 2.0 Sport Nav+, Soul Red, Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Petrol, Manual.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Turbo wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:30 am Auto Hold that by default is Auto Initiated and not reliant on the driver turning it on every time, it should be the other way around that the driver turns it off if not required IMO
You have the choice. It can be set to be on or off. The choice is yours.
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

switchback wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:14 am
Strangways wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:50 pm There is a button behind the switch that you press when you have started the engine and from then on the brake is actuated by the pressure on the foot brake and released by the accelerator.
Auto Hold............It takes some getting used to but I use it all the time now. Just dab the brake when you stop and it holds you without blinding the drivers behind with your brake lights. It is activated by the ABS system according to our local Mazda technician.
In the interests of self preservation, I want the drivers behind me to see my brake lights!

In over 50 years driving I have had two accidents, and in both cases my car was hit from behind whilst in stationary traffic. I do not want to be a victim a third time, so when I see a red light or other obstruction ahead I slow down gradually, forcing the drivers behind me to do the same. Once stationary I keep my foot on the brake pedal until I can move away.

On a daily basis I see drivers approaching red lights at speed, then having to brake hard at the last minute. These morons are probably the same people who complain that their cars do not achieve their claimed MPG, and that their brake pads don't last long.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.