Warranty result

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Whilst cleaning the CX3 today I noticed both rear wheels have signs of corrosion under the laquer so a trip to the dealer was on order, whilst there I mentioned that the HUD seemed to have 2 fingerprint marks that I've found impossible to shift and wondered what they use to clean it, I've tried a couple of photographic lens cleaners but they had no impact and before I tried something a bit more aggressive I wanted their opinion.
Dealer staff couldn't be more helpful, Steve came out to take a look and agreed with me straight away regarding the wheels, he took a few photos and said they'll order a couple - nice. The HUD he tried using some of their valeters cleaning spray to no avail, but once he took a photo of it and zoomed in, it became obvious that the marks were not fingerprints at all as it appears the display is made up of a laminate and the inside has crazed, so a new HUD will be ordered and changed under warranty! Not a nice job by all accounts.

I also ordered some touch-up paint as I've noticed about a dozen or so tiny stone chips on the bonnet, both front wings and roof!
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...

mum@mazda

Post by mum@mazda »

Be careful with the touch up paint. Mine is soul red, but the touch up paint appears to be quite dull. Could not see that clear lacquer that was needed along with the paint. Tried it in a inconspicuous place, and it does not match. It matches the un lacquered Paint surface within the door apertures, but not body panels...
CX-3, Sport Nav, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather Aug 2015
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

mum@mazda wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:45 pm Be careful with the touch up paint. Mine is soul red, but the touch up paint appears to be quite dull. Could not see that clear lacquer that was needed along with the paint. Tried it in a inconspicuous place, and it does not match. It matches the un lacquered Paint surface within the door apertures, but not body panels...
Hmm.... Thanks for that, I'll try it first before using it on the car. Parts guy who sold it to me said it's one of the hardest paints to match which made me wonder!
I may check Halfords to see if they do a kit with a small tube of laquer?
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

AndyRen wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:59 pm
mum@mazda wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:45 pm Be careful with the touch up paint. Mine is soul red, but the touch up paint appears to be quite dull. Could not see that clear lacquer that was needed along with the paint. Tried it in a inconspicuous place, and it does not match. It matches the un lacquered Paint surface within the door apertures, but not body panels...
Hmm.... Thanks for that, I'll try it first before using it on the car. Parts guy who sold it to me said it's one of the hardest paints to match which made me wonder!
I may check Halfords to see if they do a kit with a small tube of laquer?
You could try the Chipex paint system, no lacquer is required it has gloss enhancers in the base coat. Maybe give them a google and you wil see what it is all about.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
Habu

Post by Habu »

I've used Chipex on all my cars including my current infra red coloured Kia. Chipex kits are pricey but they work well and colour match is very good. Worth buying extra brushes too if you get a Chipex kit.
Sport Nav in Dynamic Blue Mica / Petrol Manual / Stone Leather / Safety Pack
CX-30 GT Sport Tech auto in Soul Red from January 2020.
AndyRen

Post by AndyRen »

Thanks DaveG and Habu for the Chipex info, I've looked it up and will probably go for one of their 'kits' - I read that tiny wooden toothpicks are the way to go for applying the paint to small stone chips and luckily we have hundreds ;)
AndyRen

Post by AndyRen »

hud.jpg

jeffzda

Post by jeffzda »

Recently touched in some bonnet and front panel small chips using a Mazda soul red touch in pen purchased on Ebay from Parts Gugu in Birmingham. Not cheap at £15.83 but got the job done very well.Presision application,looks quite light at first but leave for 48 hours then Tcut and polish.Very pleased with the result.
CX3 2.0 Sport Nav Auto Soul Red 66reg
AndyRen

Post by AndyRen »

So Mazda paint Soul Red..... Without going out to the car and checking VIN No's etc.....
Is it :-
41V Soul Red Candy Metallic :?:
Or
46V Soul Red Crystal Metallic :!:

:? :? :?
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Soul Red Metallic is 41V. It's the original 3 layer paint. http://www.jtonline.info/mazda-paint-colour-codes/

46V Soul Red Crystal Metallic is the newer 4 layer paint colour they introduced in 2017.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd